ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

As we approach the end of the fiscal year, are y’all doing anything in particular to mitigate capital gains taxes on your short flips?

Theres really nothing I can do. Im just gonna take my Ls with taxes

Theres really nothing I can do. Im just gonna take my Ls with taxes

My understanding is that you can sell other securities at a loss to offset the gains from a taxes standpoint (tax loss harvesting). I don’t think I’m at the point where I have anything ready to sell tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZTG
RYCEY went up to $2.54 (+50%) before settling end of market at $2.12
:cry:

Still good gains though. I increased my position betting big on this one hopefully it pans out.

• Goat
Reactions: AZTG
RYCEY went up to $2.54 (+50%) before settling end of market at $2.12
:cry:

Still good gains though. I increased my position betting big on this one hopefully it pans out.

I threw a 3.30 limit order on that one, hopefully it doesn’t disappoint

Reactions: ChicagoFigure
Hey stock market Gods please hear my plea.....lol

Idk if it was this or the other stock thread but can I get quick rundown on market cap and p/e ratio again?

And what's the "magic number" or range investors need to look for in those two categories when searching for companies to invest?...thanks in advance.

My understanding is that you can sell other securities at a loss to offset the gains from a taxes standpoint (tax loss harvesting). I don’t think I’m at the point where I have anything ready to sell tho.

That shit sounds too confusing to me

• Haha
Reactions: Rubato
Earnings call Thursday, some risk but also some opportunity if you get in beforehand. Personally I prefer to look for bargains right after disappointing earnings calls.

B0B0FE87-749F-414B-82A6-AD979E8F20AA.png

Earnings call Thursday, some risk but also some opportunity if you get in beforehand. Personally I prefer to look for bargains right after disappointing earnings calls.

View attachment 413458
Aren't most grocery retailers going to have declining earnings this quarter? That shit that happened when covid first hit was unprecedented and I don't ever see that being matched again.

If that's enough to drop stock price then damn near everything is a decent buy after earnings reports

Aren't most grocery retailers going to have declining earnings this quarter? That shit that happened when covid first hit was unprecedented and I don't ever see that being matched again.

If that's enough to drop stock price then damn near everything is a decent buy after earnings reports

I know the Kroger stock tanked after earnings so I guess so. My Albertsons stock has been doing great though.