Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Out of all the sports betting type stocks I’ve bought GAN but we’ll see how it goes

Last edited:
Never even heard of Drive Shack but a couple weeks ago I did buy into Calloway (ELY) who also owns Top Golf.

I'm curious how many of y'all started investing because of this thread.
Honestly, I remember seeing Sion's investing thread in the IC, and kept putting it off. Then, by the grace of the good lord, I found ABW and alot of you are from the IC. But even then, when Sion recreated the investing thread on this forum I kept putting it off. I needed to make time to go through his threads and start saving money to at least $1000 to get my feet wet and then learn as I go basically.

This thread was a genius idea in addition to the other 2 because it gives people deeper insight to how important it is to get in while the prices are low enough, how to find bargains, etc.

So because of your knowledge and postings, Sion's great advice and the threads he created, The Intelligent Investor and The Little Book of Value Investing, I was like "Yeah, I better get my ass in on this and get going" lol. So i finally got something going Apr. 30th.

Honestly, I remember seeing Sion's investing thread in the IC, and kept putting it off. Then, by the grace of the good lord, I found ABW and alot of you are from the IC. But even then, when Sion recreated the investing thread on this forum I kept putting it off. I needed to make time to go through his threads and start saving money to at least $1000 to get my feet wet and then learn as I go basically.

This thread was a genius idea in addition to the other 2 because it gives people deeper insight to how important it is to get in while the prices are low enough, how to find bargains, etc.

So because of your knowledge and postings, Sion's great advice and the threads he created, The Intelligent Investor and The Little Book of Value Investing, I was like "Yeah, I better get my ass in on this and get going" lol. So i finally got something going Apr. 30th.

same exact story honestly sion made this inevitable for me

That dude I think his name was Jay on IC (he ran the site) was putting out heavy info on dividend investing as well which is what gave me the approach I was gonna take to invest

This one here caught my attention.
293949 058699AC-E16C-4B3E-B533-61FED6CF284C.png

And this one make shoes. Shoe Carnival “SCVL”

Last edited:
I'm curious how many of y'all started investing because of this thread.
A combination of Boyce Watkins on Youtube (when i used to watch him) and Sion's original thread on the IC made me jump in back in 2016.

It started off when Boyce said the average American doesnt even have $1000 in savings. I'm in the UK and thought the same must be true here because a lot of people are struggling in this economy. He said the easiest way to start building wealth was to invest in the stock market. That's when i statted going through Sion's thread on the IC. I read through a lot of the Intelligent Investor(although I didn't finish it, shame on me) I decided I'd done enough reading and did a simulator for about 3 months, then opened my first position in June 2016.

It's amazing how much long term investing is based on your discipline in being able to do nothing. Even in the short time I've been investing I definitely see the benefits of being able to control your impulses.

A combination of Boyce Watkins on Youtube (when i used to watch him) and Sion's original thread on the IC made me jump in back in 2016.

It started off when Boyce said the average American doesnt even have $1000 in savings. I'm in the UK and thought the same must be true here because a lot of people are struggling in this economy. He said the easiest way to start building wealth was to invest in the stock market. That's when i statted going through Sion's thread on the IC. I read through a lot of the Intelligent Investor(although I didn't finish it, shame on me) I decided I'd done enough reading and did a simulator for about 3 months, then opened my first position in June 2016.

It's amazing how much long term investing is based on your discipline in being able to do nothing. Even in the short time I've been investing I definitely see the benefits of being able to control your impulses.
I don't think I knew you was Brit.
I woulda hit you up during carnival...

Back