Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

No to XOM and INSG

Oil and gas is gonna get a lot worse and XOM is gonna take a beating. It's the best in its class but I would have waited because it'll get cheaper. Oil and gas is gonna get crushed. INSG is losing money and is also selling at almost 40x it's worth meaning that you're overpaying for a business that's losing money. There are companies in that same sector as INSG you can invest in who are at far better valuations and will make you money. If you're trying to cash in on 5G you need to ask yourself how a tiny company like that is going to beat America's biggest telecom giants who are far better positioned, have more cash, an oligopoly and already have 4G towers they can upgrade to 5G by spending cash to innovate them. You might want to take a look at China Mobile or AT&T.

Disney is gonna have a slow year but it's a phenomenal company, WFC is phenomenal company too although I like Bank of NY and JP Morgan more. Goldman Sachs is one of my favorites as well.

I think SWPPX is the best position you have and then Disney. I think markets will get worse when the economic data hits and companies report more red in the 2nd quarter and the feds officially announce the country is in recession. Conversely markets could have already priced in all of this. Can't say for sure tho.

Good lookin' out OG. I was looking at INSG's balance sheet from the previous year and it looked like they were in alot of debt, moreso than assets but I took a chance anyway trying to tap into a 5G market. I remember you mentioned looking at companies whose assets to liabilities ratio is 2 to 1.

I guess I'm still trying to grasp the concept of buying at a bargain, how to tell when a company is selling way more than it's worth, etc. I'll take a look at AT&T, and other companies in that sector. I'll keep Disney and Wells Fargo to ride out the rest of year. But I'll look into investing in other banks as well. In the meantime, I'll throw more money at SWPPX as originally planned.

On the balance sheet if the shareholders equity (total assets minus liabilities) is more than the market capitalization (also called market cap), the company is cheap and/or selling at a discount. This is called the book value.

You can also Google "price to book value " of a company. If the price to book value is less than 1 the company is selling at a discount to its worth. The number 1 signifies 100%. Ideally you want book value below 1.25 but preferably below 1.
That's what's up. I'll keep these in mind and use them as points of reference. I been seeing quite a few banks whose P/B ratio is around 1 or less. I also notice that a lot of these companies will have shareholder's equity less than the market cap, but the price to book value is still less than 1 or around 1. I'll dig into some more other sectors out there and find suitable replacements for XOM and INSG. Although I do like JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs. Apple looks attractive too but it's so expensive right now smh.

CYmabay(Cbay)
yesterday 1.85

then last night

7am this morning

and now its 4.73

For something like this, would you want to hold it long term or make a quick flip?
me personally...hold novavax im not sure about the other company.......so that would be a flip.

but im not saying get these now.

im just trying to show how some phone alert and closely watch news and a pre market buy you can make money fast....but this is still a game of patience and risk.

check this out

10:50 am est this morning

grubhub is at $48

then and hour ago

it is now $63

check this out

10:50 am est this morning

grubhub is at $48

then and hour ago

it is now $63

Fam I get what you doing but you need to post one before it happens so we cam buy before the price jump

Fam I get what you doing but you need to post one before it happens so we cam buy before the price jump
you wont get to it in time. none of us keep up with this site like that.

thats why im saying you guys need to set up your alerts to get it when it happens.

but if i see something i usually try to post up.

you wont get to it in time. none of us keep up with this site like that.

thats why im saying you guys need to set up your alerts to get it when it happens.

but if i see something i usually try to post up.

What keywords you have setup for your alerts?

What keywords you have setup for your alerts?

i get email from forbes top line

i have seeking alpha and marketwatch app

i dont stay on it like i should.
but this is a start.

its alot i know

but its news for those on the go is you getting serious about this.

google alerts is another free tool (not only stocks)

Anyone's total investments since first trade in the negative??

My shits getting there little by little lmao

I know that's a good thing once markets stabilize if I keep buying tho

Back