Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

For more experience investors..My question is with everything that going in the economy. How would someone like myself know when it time to sit on the hands? These big swings in the Dow is scary.. I took my money out but was that the right decision?

My gut is telling I'm right because the housing market is at all time highs. And, I don't recall people buying all these houses in 2018 and 2019... So, how all of a sudden people have money to purchase these home?

The stock market never loses long term fam.

Stocks are all about building enough capital to stack compound interest. Meaning your profit makes a profit. Then your profits profit makes a profit and so on.

Put the majority of your investment in s+p500 tracking fund and dont worry about swings and housing market crashes. It dont matter.

You only lose money if you sell. The profit or loss you see on your dashboard means nothing. Even if you are seeing -$100 on the day, you dont actually lose money unless you sell on that day.

All that to say, the stock market been there for over 100 years and averages around 8% gain. So even if have a year where you are negative, your 3 year average is always positive.

Just dont have most of your money 1 stock or 1 industry. Thats why I always keep around 65 to 75% of my stock investment in a s+p tracking fund. Cause thats the top 500 companies in the world. If that shit crashes for real, we gon be in the dark ages and profit/loss gonna be the least of our worries.

So Robinhood had some excuse for halting meme stock buy orders but didn't impose those restrictions on Citadel who they primarily do business with?

Lol why is Citadel snitching on themselves am I understanding this wrong?
Citadel told Robinhood to take the buy options away for Gamestop when it went up to $483 . Citadel pretty much throwing Robinhood under the bus cause they do not want to take the blame for this.

The stock market never loses long term fam.

Stocks are all about building enough capital to stack compound interest. Meaning your profit makes a profit. Then your profits profit makes a profit and so on.

Put the majority of your investment in s+p500 tracking fund and dont worry about swings and housing market crashes. It dont matter.

You only lose money if you sell. The profit or loss you see on your dashboard means nothing. Even if you are seeing -$100 on the day, you dont actually lose money unless you sell on that day.

All that to say, the stock market been there for over 100 years and averages around 8% gain. So even if have a year where you are negative, your 3 year average is always positive.

Just dont have most of your money 1 stock or 1 industry. Thats why I always keep around 65 to 75% of my stock investment in a s+p tracking fund. Cause thats the top 500 companies in the world. If that shit crashes for real, we gon be in the dark ages and profit/loss gonna be the least of our worries.

I agree with this post 120%
To add onto that, stack a few of your coins into stocks/funds that pay dividends.
XYLD for example...
1633134920334.png
$500 in XYLD @ 48.93/share (today's price at MC)
~10 shares (.37/share monthly)
$3.7 per month / $11.1 per quarter / $44.4 per year

Adjust the numbers as you multiply/divide by zero with shares.
e.g. 100 shares would be $37/month/ $111/quarter $444/yr
e.g. 1000 shares would be $370/month/ $1,110/quarter $4,440/yr
e.g. 10000 shares would be $3,700/month/ $11,100/quarter $44,400/yr

This is where it gets sweeter... you can take those funds and tell it to buy more of those shares with the money that was generated. So that $370 a month would be invested into adding 7 more shares. Those shares would now add an additional $2.79 per month into your account.

Pay attention to the fees and if/when the dividend yield changes.

Check out bowtie nation or investing with rose (I think someone mentioned her earlier) on youtube for other suggestions or for a deeper understanding of how dividends work.

QYLD is another great example btw.

Oh, and one more thing. It's beneficial to have multiple accounts. One for daytrading, swings, crypto, etc.
Putting all of that into one account can really mess with your psyche... it will have you make some wrong moves rather quickly.

Just my 2cents.
Good luck to all; the key is to diversify. Down market/up market, there's always an opportunity.
Until next time...

I agree with this post 120%
To add onto that, stack a few of your coins into stocks/funds that pay dividends.
XYLD for example...
View attachment 659280
$500 in XYLD @ 48.93/share (today's price at MC)
~10 shares (.37/share monthly)
$3.7 per month / $11.1 per quarter / $44.4 per year

Adjust the numbers as you multiply/divide by zero with shares.
e.g. 100 shares would be $37/month/ $111/quarter $444/yr
e.g. 1000 shares would be $370/month/ $1,110/quarter $4,440/yr
e.g. 10000 shares would be $3,700/month/ $11,100/quarter $44,400/yr

This is where it gets sweeter... you can take those funds and tell it to buy more of those shares with the money that was generated. So that $370 a month would be invested into adding 7 more shares. Those shares would now add an additional $2.79 per month into your account.

Pay attention to the fees and if/when the dividend yield changes.

Check out bowtie nation or investing with rose (I think someone mentioned her earlier) on youtube for other suggestions or for a deeper understanding of how dividends work.

QYLD is another great example btw.

Oh, and one more thing. It's beneficial to have multiple accounts. One for daytrading, swings, crypto, etc.
Putting all of that into one account can really mess with your psyche... it will have you make some wrong moves rather quickly.

Just my 2cents.
Good luck to all; the key is to diversify. Down market/up market, there's always an opportunity.
Until next time...

100%

@ChicagoFigure

I seen you had over 100 shares in Naked.

what was the reason for you getting them?
More like 1,000 shares.

I jumped on it before it became a meme stock during the AMC fiasco. Sold for a profit but kept my eye on it ever since.

Been noticing a pattern of it fluctuating with a floor of around 50 cents then running back up to anywhere from 60-80'ish cents. Not too long ago hit above a dollar.

I only buy in for quick flips at this point. Easy money.

With that said don't buy in right now. Wait for it to hit mid to low 50s. It always does...since January.

When it hits mid .60s to .70+ consider selling..it always has come back down to 50s and jump back in.

Idk how long this will keep going on but u drop a decent amount of money that minimum 10-20% return is gonna make it worth it.

Whats the best Index Fund to invest in?
If you are looking for the safe play, one that will track the S&P or overall market and will give you the returns of that particular sector, I'd go with an index fund that tracks the S&P or Total Market Index Fund

If you want an index fund that is a little more volatile, that can either give you bigger returns or bigger losses, than the S&P you can go with either a Small-Cap or Extended Market Index fund

I actually do both, I have an index fund that tracks the S&P and one that tracks Small-Cap funds and for the past two years I've beaten the S&P. I contribute an equal amount of money to each every time I invest (I dollar-cost average into these positions). Since we've been in a bull market for the past decade, I'm sure there'll be years where I'll actually lose money, but I'm 100% sure that I'll see more green years than red years

Screenshot_20211014-111831.png

Screenshot_20211014-111947.png

Up today based on the news above. If the results are promising u can probably make some money on this. If I jump in I'm waiting for the trials to conclude, if the news is good it'll go up, and I'm selling that same day before it drops back down.

Curious to hear someone else's thoughts. Also jump in at your own risk, I'm not an expert lol.

Back