Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

I'm debating if I wanna put some more in there. You think UCO gonna rise substantially anytime soon?

I put some money into crypto earlier this month.. prolly will put some bread into SWPPX at the end of the month but havent really felt the urge to buy into anything else right now.

UCO still by far my most profitable traditional stock so far tho
UCO has been slow and steady consistent growth. Whatever your target price it's gonna take a while to get there but I also believe if it begins to drop it will be just as slow and give u time to pull out or secure some kind of profit.

U gotta decide what your target price is. I personally think it will eventually hit $80 so when I'm throwing money at it around $60 that means I'm confident in about 30% returns from that point. So in my head that's guaranteed money.

Anything above that is bonus.

Just remember if u throw some money at it your average price is gonna go up too.

If/when u set that stop loss, don't set it too close to the current price otherwise it might hit and sell all your shares then u might have to buy back in at a higher price depending on stock movement

I think I wanna do a trailing stop loss but I gotta do some calculations to see what makes sense on when and what percentage to sell at

nXLtWT5.gif

lol maybe im overthinking this

I think I wanna do a trailing stop loss but I gotta do some calculations to see what makes sense on when and what percentage to sell at

View attachment 537082

lol maybe im overthinking this
I think best thing to do is find out (if possible) the biggest percentage/dollar drop the stock had in a single day from open to close for the past year, and set the stop loss just a lil farther than that.

Like I think the most the stock ever fell in a single day was like $8-$12. So if the stock is $66 I personally would set it at like $50. That's very conservative imo bc the stock isn't volatile at all.

I got burned a couple times setting it too close and missed out on money so now I play it very safe.

I'd be curious to hear how others with more experience do it though.

I think best thing to do is find out (if possible) the biggest percentage/dollar drop the stock had in a single day from open to close for the past year, and set the stop loss just a lil farther than that.

Like I think the most the stock ever fell in a single day was like $8-$12. So if the stock is $66 I personally would set it at like $50. That's very conservative imo bc the stock isn't volatile at all.

I got burned a couple times setting it too close and missed out on money so now I play it very safe.

I'd be curious to hear how others with more experience do it though.

props bruh I appreciate the info. Id be interested to see how others would play it as well. I would imagine the play for UCO would be different than something more volatile like when Gamestop was wildin

Lookin at my GoPro stock like...
giphy.gif

They keep trending up the past few months. Lil dips here and there, but no major drops.

Fellas, is it stop order, or limit stop order used for when a bought stock is dropping in price.

5F3FE86B-8CE5-4908-9DE5-49F346498B64.png

Good looking out. I might take some chances on carnival. They’re about to thread the Pacific Ocean in July (Cali - Alaska).
I started a position with them when the pandemic started last year. Their stock price got hammered and they were well capitalized to go the whole year without running any routes. I figured they would be due to bounce back big time once global vaccinations were underway. Hasn't happened yet but hopefully by next year their operations will be running at capacity

I started a position with them when the pandemic started last year. Their stock price got hammered and they were well capitalized to go the whole year without running any routes. I figured they would be due to bounce back big time once global vaccinations were underway. Hasn't happened yet but hopefully by next year their operations will be running at capacity

Yessir. Soon, it will rise up. Ppl can’t wait to begin cruising in the Caribbean.

Back