Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW/Reel Talk Movie Club: Poltergeist (1982)

Mac fucked up. Instead of getting too drunk he should've kept his priorities straight.

Also the description of Ratched describes a nurse becoming a "monster". But in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Nurse Ratched just seems very strict but not a damn monster. I wonder if due to the movie coming out in 1975 made people at that time think that a woman being stern made her a "monster". Watching the movie in 2020 though, I don't see how anything that Nurse Ratched did would constitute her being called a monster.

Mac fucked up. Instead of getting too drunk he should've kept his priorities straight.

Also the description of Ratched describes a nurse becoming a "monster". But in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Nurse Ratched just seems very strict but not a damn monster. I wonder if due to the movie coming out in 1975 made people at that time think that a woman being stern made her a "monster". Watching the movie in 2020 though, I don't see how anything that Nurse Ratched did would constitute her being called a monster.

I agree. A Bitch, maybe, but not a Monster.

Still, the way she drove Billy to commit suicide just because he finally got some Punani was a bit much. Maybe that's why she was viewed as a "monster".

I want this movie to be next, in honor of Halloween

But it doesnt drop til the 30th. Do yall wana squeeze another movie in before then or just wait for His House?

I want this movie to be next, in honor of Halloween

But it doesnt drop til the 30th. Do yall wana squeeze another movie in before then or just wait for His House?

I don't mind waiting, but we can squeeze another Movie in in the meantime, like another Horror/Suspense/Thriller flick.

I'll go with 2 Stephen King adaptions: "Carrie" and "Christine". I decided to keep it tame instead of extreme, no need to suggest "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" or the "August Underground" trilogy.

Oh, and in case you might've forgot, the beginning credits of "Carrie" has that Shower scene in the Girl's Locker room. :hehe:

Not to mention, one of my favorite quotes is from that Movie:

"I can see your dirty pillows, everyone will see them......."

"........'Breasts', Mamma, they're called 'Breasts', and every Woman has them........"

I never miss an opportunity to call them "dirty pillows" when I see some TIG OL' BITTIES!!!!!!

I'll suggest 28 days Later or Candyman

I like both of those. Surprised we didn't get to see a "28 Months Later" sequel. I definitely need to rewatch "Candyman" and "Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh", haven't seen those in ages. Did the remake come out yet?

Tales from the Hood or Children of the Corn

"Children of the Corn".......

"IT'S ALL MALACHI'S FAULT!"
:lol10:

Last edited:
28 days later
Candyman
Tales from the good
Children of the corn
Christine
Carrie
The mist