Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Interviews: Meeks

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
Welcome back to ABW Interviews.

Today we have the one and only @Meeks on the couch.

Let me know when you're ready.​

Aw shit!

Yeah, we can start. I'm not too too tied up and I have a job interview at 2 so this is fine.

Aight lets get it started then. Where are you from? How was it growing up there? Any celeb stories?​

fam lol I've been asking for 2 day for yall to pm me yall questions for her, NOW yall got questions lol

U can ask after the interview fam

fam lol I've been asking for 2 day for yall to pm me yall questions for her, NOW yall got questions lol

U can ask after the interview fam
im sorry bruh,,,,,

yall know i love the girl and i was f'ed up in the head when i saw the name....forgive me

i saw meeks and "on the couch" and i got undressed..

im sorry

carry on

Q0590G.gif

Aight lets get it started then. Where are you from? How was it growing up there? Any celeb stories?​

Alright, well i'm from the Bronx. For the slow ones in the back that's New York, lol. I was born and raised there and I truly truly enjoyed my childhood. I was "spoiled" (I hate that term) but I had any and everything until my siblings came along *insert eye roll*. I am originally from Boston Rd, that's where I spent most of my childhood in the Bronx before relocating not too far from the Soundview area to a house. I can think back to my father always taking me to the park in the summer time to play in the sprinklers, he always tried doing my hair SMH. Sending me outside with a fitted on my head because he gave up mid braid.

My family partied, lol. Even when we lived on Boston Rd most of my childhood they partied hard. I'm talking food, beer, liquor. All my aunts and uncles, my cousins. You know after a certain time they make all the children go to bed but we use to sneak downstairs and watch them party. I can still hear the music in my ears, my grandparents laughing. My family was/is the bomb. My maternal grandparents have been divorced for years but my grandmother had remarried, they all were best friends.

New York was really all I knew my whole life and eventually we up and moved down south to Memphis. My mother was hell bent on leaving New York because growing up she spent a lot of her childhood down south with my great grandmother. So I lived in Memphis for a few years off and on since I was about 16.

Oh yeah and as far as celeb stories, my aunt was a dancer for Ron Isley. My uncle had took me to see her as she got ready for one of her shows. Ron Isley was running late and at the time Kenny Lattimore was performing. I was backstage watching and I not only met him but I meant Chante Moore as well.

Right before the Puerto Rican day parade one year I got a chance to see 50cent on his way to the parade. Shit was crazy too, LMFAO because anyone that knows me knows I was a huge fan of 50 years ago.

After living in the south for a few years. What would you say are the differences from living in the south to living on the east coast?​

After living in the south for a few years. What would you say are the differences from living in the south to living on the east coast?​

It is so country, like I'm use to Bodegas on nearly every corner. Everything is walking distance here in New York and down in Memphis is the total opposite depending on what part you stay in. I'm use to tall buildings and all, in Memphis you don't really see that like here. They have a lot of town homes and little apartment complexes that's not even that tall.

Most of all, it's slow down there. It's not really fast pace but after living there for awhile I got use to it. I actually love the south. After I had my daughter though I was like yeah, I can't raise my baby in Memphis. I lived in a fairly nice area called Bartlett up until my daughter was like 3 months old. It was cool up until like towards around that time, someone had got shot a few feet from my window when she was still a newborn. All I remember was grabbing her and getting down on the floor, I literally had to crawl to the bathroom with her. When I say I was TERRIFIED, I was like yeah this is too much for me. Being from New York, I never lived in the projects a day in my life but I have in Memphis at one point lol. The killer part was my first apartment in Bartlett wasn't even considered the projects. Anyway, the level of ignorance in Memphis is crazy. They are as hood as they seem on TV but I still had some good times in Memphis. After all, that is where my baby girl is from.

You said you have an interview coming up, what is it for? What are your career goals?​

You said you have an interview coming up, what is it for? What are your career goals?​

It's for a customer service job from home.
This is definitely nowhere near what i'm trying to do though.

I'm a breastfeeding advocate, anyone that knows me knows I go hard for breastfeeding moms but especially black breastfeeding moms. I'm trying to normalize breastfeeding for us every single day. I spend most of my day honestly helping mothers and being a mommy, lol. I still breastfeed my daughter who will be 2 in March. I run my own breast milk donation group for black mothers ONLY, this includes Afro-Latina mothers as well. Right now I'm hitting close to 800 mothers in my group and it's growing daily. Last year I took a class to get part of my hours to become an CLC (Certified Lactation Consultant)/IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) but the teacher had some personal issues and had to postpone the class. This year I'll be given the chance to become a CLC for free when the class and testing is usually hundreds of dollars. From there i'll be working on becoming an IBCLC. It's just a step closer to doing what I'm suppose to do.

Black women have the lowest breastfeeding rate than other races and i'm trying to change that for real. We also have the highest infant mortality rate and believe it or not, breastfeeding can change that. One of the main reasons is lack of education, from doctors, from hospitals and just overall. Of course statistics even show that they are most likely to suggest formula to black mothers after having a baby than anyone else. Of course it's a mother's choice but if she does decide to breastfeed my job is to educate and support her through her journey.

So yeah, lol. I go hard for black breastfeeding mothers every single day and I wouldn't change it for the world. This year i'll also be focusing on a website and a few other things for my group. I have some giveaways I've won so i'll be doing some giveaways myself sometime soon.

Last edited:
It's for a customer service job from home.
This is definitely nowhere near what i'm trying to do though.

I'm a breastfeeding advocate, anyone that knows me knows I go hard for breastfeeding moms but especially black breastfeeding moms. I'm trying to normalize breastfeeding for us every single day. I spend most of my day honestly helping mothers and being a mommy, lol. I still breastfeed my daughter who will be 2 in March. I run my own breast milk donation group for black mothers ONLY, this includes Afro-Latina mothers as well. Right now I'm hitting close to 800 mothers in my group and it's growing daily. Last year I took a class to get part of my hours to become an CLC (Certified Lactation Consultant)/IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) but the teacher had some personal issues and had to postpone the class. This year I'll be given the chance to become a CLC for free when the class and testing is usually hundreds of dollars. From there i'll be working on becoming an IBCLC. It's just a step closer to doing what I'm suppose to do.

Black women have the lowest breastfeeding rate than other races and i'm trying to change that for real. We also have the highest mortality rate and believe it or not, breastfeeding can change that. One of the main reasons is lack of education, from doctors, from hospitals and just overall. Of course statistics even show that they are most likely to suggest formula to black mothers after having a baby than anyone else. Of course it's a mother's choice but if she does decide to breastfeed my job is to educate and support her through her journey.

So yeah, lol. I go hard for black breastfeeding mothers every single day and I wouldn't change it for the world. This year i'll also be focusing on a website and a few other things for my group. I have some giveaways I've won so i'll be doing some giveaways myself sometime soon.

milk4.gif

How much per bottle?

Is ABW your first forum? If not, what was the other forums? If so, what were you expecting this place to be like when u signed up? Has your opinion changed since then?

milk4.gif

How much per bottle?

Is ABW your first forum? If not, what was the other forums? If so, what were you expecting this place to be like when u signed up? Has your opinion changed since then?

Lmfaoooo!! Man listen, body builders buy breast milk and that trips me out every time I think about it.

ABW is my first forum. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was like you know what this may be cool. It took me awhile to get situated on the site but yeah, now i'm in here like swimwear.
tenor.gif

I actually love ABW right now, lol real talk. So great job to you for even creating this space for us.

Back