Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Debate 2021 Sign Up

Not gonna lie...I was expecting more topics to get brought up in that student loan debate considering the average age here

Professors play a huge role in student debt. Your degree could need a certain class but it's taught by an asshole who doesn't care to actually teach. Also the requirement to be full time can fuck everything up. A class pertaining to your major may not be available during a certain semester but you still need to be full time so you have to make the choice of screwing up your benefits or taking a class that doesn't do anything for you. That in itself can be a gamble because once again there's a lot of professors that just don't give a fuck because they have tenure. Advisors can also screw you over because they don't inform you about everything and let you know what's the best thing to do. You can end up taking a ton of core classes in the beginning of the semester only to end up changing your major and screwing up your gpa and adding more debt

Not gonna lie...I was expecting more topics to get brought up in that student loan debate considering the average age here

Professors play a huge role in student debt. Your degree could need a certain class but it's taught by an asshole who doesn't care to actually teach. Also the requirement to be full time can fuck everything up. A class pertaining to your major may not be available during a certain semester but you still need to be full time so you have to make the choice of screwing up your benefits or taking a class that doesn't do anything for you. That in itself can be a gamble because once again there's a lot of professors that just don't give a fuck because they have tenure. Advisors can also screw you over because they don't inform you about everything and let you know what's the best thing to do. You can end up taking a ton of core classes in the beginning of the semester only to end up changing your major and screwing up your gpa and adding more debt
Why don't you join the next debates?

I like ya ideology

Here we go. Blaming someone else. In 2021, I refuse to believe, with all this information available to us, that someone could blame a professor for their student loan debt. A college student is supposed to map out their two or four years of college. Advisors advise, but the student is the one who makes the decision. They should pick majors that allow their goals to be fulfilled. Anyway, you got all this to say but didn't sign up for the debates, then you say you don't care. Then keep your mouth shut. No offense.

Because a lot of things I just don't care about lol

I can also end up on the fence on a lot of things and this seemed more for people with strong one sided beliefs

The beauty of a good debater is that they can take any topic and argue for/against. I can argue for or against water being wet. Sounds crazy right? It's really not about the topic, it's about the skill to present a logical argument. This is my playbook.

1621055548086.png

@oorhonda do you debate?
I used to debate a lot. I don’t do it as much these days. Sometimes I try to see if I can understand both sides and where we can find common ground. To some extent I got sick of debating because online it always seemed like the point is to belittle and argue vs reaching a peaceful resolution/understanding. It gets annoying and starts to feel pointless when one side can’t be open-minded or empathize.

Back