Absent Fathers!

Judy Winslow

Oh yea sure. I can do that. What day again ?
Site President
Jan 19, 2017
Lala Land
Any of y’all who didn’t have your pops in your life feel like your life would’ve been better with him being in your life?

Any of y’all who didn’t have your pops in your life feel like your life would’ve been better with him being in your life?
I often think so
I think my entrepreneurial spirit would be better

I think if he was a better role model and a provider things would have been better. He didn't do anything to get us out of the projects. Then he spent a lot of time in prison when I was young.

Ok...let me reword it.

Am I the only person who's dad stayed consistently
Just curious. What is your family background. Where are your roots? Was your famill ly in poverty? Did you live in a crime/drug neigjborhood? Any history of alcohol or drug abuse?

Honestly I dont know.

On one hand since he wasnt around, I feel like he aint shit so I lost nothing. But then this nigga git married, had two more kids and became mr family man. Both of them are in the military and from the fb pics this nigga was super dad. His absence made me determined to be a better man to my future family. But it also left me alone to become a man way faster than I should have.

And yes, I grabbed a bottle of hen and suppressed my hurt when I saw his fb photo albums with him and his kids.

Honestly I dont know.

On one hand since he wasnt around, I feel like he aint shit so I lost nothing. But then this nigga git married, had two more kids and became mr family man. Both of them are in the military and from the fb pics this nigga was super dad. His absence made me determined to be a better man to my future family. But it also left me alone to become a man way faster than I should have.

And yes, I grabbed a bottle of hen and suppressed my hurt when I saw his fb photo albums with him and his kids.
Is that why you killed half the population?

Considering how much abuse he put my sister's and his wife through, id prolly have killt that nigga if he was in our life more

11622.png

Just curious. What is your family background. Where are your roots? Was your famill ly in poverty? Did you live in a crime/drug neigjborhood? Any history of alcohol or drug abuse?
Not sure how this applies to the thread.

Absolutely not. I lived with my dad until I was 4 or 5. Ended up re meeting him when I was 14. Dude still has a lot of issues but hes getting by. Havent heard from him since then though, but even if I was in contact with him through my younger years, theres nothing beneficial he could have provided to me.

It's so weird though that despite hardly ever speaking with him I still ended up a lot like him in some ways. Thankfully I cleaned up my act a lot sooner though. When I re met him he was 38 and still didnt have a steady job or place to live. Had a wife who was cool, but you could tell she was a fucking nut case. I met her kids though and they both seemed to have turned out really well. I think they lived with their dad though.