Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Tito Jackson Thread

I actually know nothing about the entire refereeing process… sometimes I be watching games like how exactly niggas became NCAA and NBA refs
You go to referee camps and if they like you, you get "called up".

There are evaluators there and heads of those leagues. They watch you in person and on film and decide if they gonna give you a chance

So basically politics
It can be. Word of mouth definitely helps but it can also be all about timing.

You could just go to the right camp at the right time.

Plus when you go to these camps, you don't get no per diem or anything. You paying for registration, to get there, somewhere to stay, plus food.

Hell, the SWAC camp is like $500. Then you not even guaranteed to get picked up so for me, if I go to the SWAC camp in Nola, I might just be out registration, food, gas, cause I can just drive back home.

So then let's say they do pick you up. You are starting at the bottom. Out of a full SWAC season, you might get 5 games.

How much would JUCO be a step up?
I just posted about the SWAC cost and that's what it was I last remembered a few years ago
Not sure if it's gone up but I think juco is usually half. BUT, you driving to neighboring states and shit. Once you get picked up, I do believe the per diem starts so you can get reimbursed for food and lodging.

The sec is where it's at if you're going to do college. The other conferences are probably comparable though. Them old dudes definitely not giving up close to $5k a game

I know a dude in my association that does college baseball but he had spent close to like $15k of his own money before he finally got picked up and took a couple of years to recoup that

I just got a new phone. I had my old phone for about yrs 3. I don't see a huge change. My last upgrade, I saw the difference immediately

I’m eventually getting a new iPhone through T-Mobile because I hate Verizon

I miss when they just cost 299.99

I don’t miss the 2 year contracts though lol

But I will say most people don’t upgrade their phones every year if they are able to. Had my iPhone 11 for 4 years and got rid of it because it only had 64gbs

Back