Welcome To aBlackWeb

A prosperity preacher says the Sky God told him he needs a 54 mil jet to spread the gospel

Devil's advocate

If you keep paying someone's bills every time they are short, what lesson are you teaching them?

Some of these pastors are people who just happen to be good with their money. I'm not takingt about mega church preachers but ones on the grass roots level. I know churches that offer free financial seminars in order to show people how to better manage their money and guess what, they are sparsely attended.

Wanna know why? Because most of the people who need to be at those seminars just want hand outs
and this is why i said early.....teach them to be leaders in their communities...not followers.

too many churches i see dont empower the people. it keeps them dependent. and afraid and needing to believe in anything but themselves.

Btw, Solomon or rather Sol-Om-On really means Solar Man. That's not a real person. Just saying. Carry on, Joel.

Lol you a hotep. Next you gonna say Television is telling lies to your vision. I think many peoole know the bible and most characters are allegory.

No it dont matter. But would you give the homeless man euros or dollars?

i'd give him what i could or had.

thing is i give alot...i dont need to plan for most of it because it just comes when it does......
if i give a euro....i need that man to make the effort to feed himself by going to exchange it and get food.

which brings me to ....our people pray alot..
i often tell people that after they pray they need to do some work too. of course i get cussed out most of the time..

but if you praying to God in hope of getting money to pay your phone bill. can you at least take the money to the phone company? or are people gonna then pray the bill gets paid?

what is the persons responsibility in helping themselves?

Devil's advocate

If you keep paying someone's bills every time they are short, what lesson are you teaching them?

Some of these pastors are people who just happen to be good with their money. I'm not takingt about mega church preachers but ones on the grass roots level. I know churches that offer free financial seminars in order to show people how to better manage their money and guess what, they are sparsely attended.

Wanna know why? Because most of the people who need to be at those seminars just want hand outs
and also....being good with money means not keeping up with the jones' or buying the latest car or the latest sneakers every week.

niggas want the savings but dont want to save.

i'd give him what i could or had.

thing is i give alot...i dont need to plan for most of it because it just comes when it does......
if i give a euro....i need that man to make the effort to feed himself by going to exchange it and get food.

which brings me to ....our people pray alot..
i often tell people that after they pray they need to do some work too. of course i get cussed out most of the time..

but if you praying to God in hope of getting money to pay your phone bill. can you at least take the money to the phone company? or are people gonna then pray the bill gets paid?

what is the persons responsibility in helping themselves?

You thinking that most people who pray about a problem are doing nothing to fix the problem? I totally get why niggas are anti church for all the personal reasons but to act like every black christian is a dumb ass or scamming a congregation or open to abuse is crazy. Not absolving the church of the plethora of issues it has. But a church aint stopped anything.

You thinking that most people who pray about a problem are doing nothing to fix the problem? I totally get why niggas are anti church for all the personal reasons but to act like every black christian is a dumb ass or scamming a congregation or open to abuse is crazy. Not absolving the church of the plethora of issues it has. But a church aint stopped anything.
most of what you said...i am not saying...

but i think we need to keep it 100 on the last sentence...

Church has hurt the black community alot since slavery.

it was drilled in us to turn the other cheek and pray for better days while the slave master was praying for prosperity.

slaves were most likely afraid of hell and not pleasing God , so they would not hurt the slave massas.

now i ask...does the bible teach rising up against your oppressor or being humbled to your oppressor is he has feed you and cared for you?

most of what you said...i am not saying...

but i think we need to keep it 100 on the last sentence...

Church has hurt the black community alot since slavery.

it was drilled in us to turn the other cheek and pray for better days while the slave master was praying for prosperity.

slaves were most likely afraid of hell and not pleasing God , so they would not hurt the slave massas.

now i ask...does the bible teach rising up against your oppressor or being humbled to your oppressor is he has feed you and cared for you?

It depends on how you interpret it. Nat Turner known Christian read the bible his way a rebelled which is why they stopped us from reading. Those in power benefit off the ignorant. MLK jr i dont have to explain. But maybe churches back then differ from today idk i aint been to church in years.

It depends on how you interpret it. Nat Turner known Christian read the bible his way a rebelled which is why they stopped us from reading. Those in power benefit off the ignorant. MLK jr i dont have to explain. But maybe churches back then differ from today idk i aint been to church in years.
and thats ok.....it can be used for good and bad. i really dont have much to say about the bible...because of my own personal stuff. my thing is more towards the church and using the bible to benefit and profit off the poor and to not empower them.

while i will say it is very hard to empower people who have given up hope...but in a church you have the ear of the people...use it for good.

can we stay focused and stay insulting those preachers and pastors who make fools of our people.

No it dont matter. But would you give the homeless man euros or dollars?
Did Jesus waste tome asking what nation the grain came from when he fed the multitudes bread or did he do what God instructed him to do and just feed the people??

Smh at a church that is truly doing God's work turning down foreign currency which is actually more valuable than the dollar b/c it isnt American. Smh at the thought of a truly hungry homeless person turning down a sandwich b/c it had swiss cheese instead of American. Gtfohwtbs

Last edited:
Back