Welcome To aBlackWeb

A prosperity preacher says the Sky God told him he needs a 54 mil jet to spread the gospel

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-around-the-world_us_5b0d761ae4b0fdb2aa57264c

Televangelist Claims He Needs $54 Million Private Jet To Spread The Gospel

Jesse Duplantis is asking his followers to “pray about becoming a partner” in his dream to purchase a Falcon 7X.

A Louisiana televangelist is convinced that God wants him to own a fourth private jet ― and he’s calling on others to donate toward that lofty goal.

Evangelist Jesse Duplantis asked listeners to “pray about becoming a partner” in his grand dream to own a Dassault Falcon 7X, a luxury plane that’s reported to be worth at least $54 million. Duplantis claims he needs the private plane with seating for up to 19 and an optional onboard shower to efficiently spread the gospel.

“I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the Earth today, he wouldn’t be riding a donkey,” Duplantis said in a May 21 video posted on his website. “Think about it for a minute. He’d be in an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

Duplantis is a purveyor of the prosperity gospel, a strand of Christianity that teaches that earthly riches are a sign of God’s favor. His organization, Jesse Duplantis Ministries, is headquartered in Destrehan, Louisiana, with a global reach facilitated by a television program, magazine and web series. The evangelist has over 700,000 followers on Facebook.

In a recent episode of his web show, “This Week With Jesse,” Duplantis showed viewers framed photos of three jets he has already “purchased for the Lord.” Two of them are now being used by other pastors, while the third, his current Falcon 50, is no longer up to par, he claims.

With a Falcon 7X, the evangelist says he could fly “one stop” to faraway locales “for a lot cheaper,” using fuel from his own fuel farm instead of paying for jet fuel during stops.

The revelation that he needed a Falcon 7X came straight from heaven, Duplantis said. During the video, he recalled a conversation he claims to have had with God.

″[God] said, ‘I want you to believe me for a Falcon 7X,’” the evangelist said. “The first thing I thought of was how am I going to pay for it? And a great statement that he told me in 1978 flooded into my mind, and he said, ‘Jesse, I didn’t ask you to pay for it, I asked you to believe for it.’”

“I am a blessed man,” he added. “You looking at a blessed man.”

HuffPost has reached out to Jesse Duplantis Ministries for comment.

In the past, the evangelist has said he needs a private jet because of his demanding schedule. Duplantis’ Facebook page shows events scheduled throughout the summer in the U.S. and Canada.

Prosperity preachers have been criticized heavily for using private jets. In 2015, televangelist Creflo Dollar asked donors to pitch in $300 each to help fund a $65 million Gulfstream G650 jet. Dollar has yet to purchase the jet, according to The Washington Post, since they are in high demand among billionaires.

Duplantis and fellow prosperity gospel preacher Kenneth Copeland defended their use of private jets in a television broadcast. Copeland, who was on President Donald Trump’s evangelical advisory board during the 2016 campaign, claims in the video that pastors use these private jets as a “sanctuary” where they can talk directly to God.

“The world is in such a shape, we can’t get there without this,” Copeland said during the broadcast. “We’ve got to have this. The mess that the airlines are in today I would have to stop ... at least 75 to 80, more like 90 percent of what we’re doing because you can’t get there from here.”

“It’s impossible,” Duplantis said.

“You can’t manage that today,” Copeland added later, “this dope-filled world, and get in a long tube with a bunch of demons. And it’s deadly.”

In his pitch for the Falcon 7X, Duplantis said he knew not everyone would agree that preachers need jets. But, he said, he’s simply trying to follow one of the last commands that Jesus gave his disciples: “Go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.”

“Now how we going to do that? I can’t live long enough to travel by car. Or by ship or by train. But I can do it by an airplane.”

The Sky God truly does work in mysterious ways.. Instead telling one of his “messengers” to help out the poor,to feed the homeless or help out some sick kids.. He tells his “messenger” he needs a new 54 million $ jet to flex in.. While spreading the gospel...

Imagine this, God could reveal himself for free, but he wants pastors to make millions for jets for this lol

Y'all gotta stop attacking religion.

Most normal people know how to worship without doing the most.

And every pastor ain't a millionaire.

This is people... People pay for the message they want to hear. These dudes do whatever the people pay them to do. If these folk want to give this nigga a jet that's between him and them.

That's not some normal shit your average church goer deals with.

The average pastor has a nice car, clothes and crib.

The average church goer is expected to put money in the offering plate, no matter what their financial status is.

The average pastor has a nice car, clothes and crib.

The average church goer is expected to put money in the offering plate, no matter what their financial status is.

Complete utter bullshit.

The average pastor doesn't own their Church. Theyre paying rent.

you know how many people are actually putting money in them plates?

You ever work in a church finance room?

The average member pays whatever the hell they want. Trust me.

You know how many xhurches are under water and in debt?

You know how many people rent out rec centers and basements just to have service??

Like it's laughable. But whatever.. Continue to carry on your skewed perception cuz it's cool to shit on churches and religion...

Lol people can be scum in every aspect of life but are supposed to somehiw be unreasonably perfect in regards to church.

If you're still paying pimps preachers you deserve to be a hoe christian

Last edited:
renting a church?

but is it still an investment?

you renting with the idea of a return, right?

i mean how many people are trying to break even just to go thru all the trouble of delivering the word and maintaining a church and the devils in it?

31166892_10211774519699301_5734721929407889408_o.jpg

Lol, I'm on a bunch of the boards at my church.

The money ain't there like niggaz think it is. Mega Churches that bring in dough like that strategically market and promote their shit to do exactly that.

When you gotta church that actually serves its members and community, there just isn't profit off of it to do anything but serve it's purpose to it's people.

Niggaz joke about people putting their last into the offering when I know of 3 families the church is paying rent for... Like 3 or 4: car notes come through a week, and mad grocery receipts come thru there...

Like being a member of a church that goes above and beyond for their members and knowing of struggling churches and pastors who really do this from the heart and faith of a divine intervention.... It just irks me to see folk sweep all church under the same rug...

Especially knowing that my own church broke their personal snow plow pushing snow off of members lots for no pay... Just a letter to the city for repair reimbursement because we were technically serving the community....

But whatever y'all got y'all minds made up and I'm only posting cuz I'm drunk

Lol, I'm on a bunch of the boards at my church.

The money ain't there like niggaz think it is. Mega Churches that bring in dough like that strategically market and promote their shit to do exactly that.

When you gotta church that actually serves its members and community, there just isn't profit off of it to do anything but serve it's purpose to it's people.

Niggaz joke about people putting their last into the offering when I know of 3 families the church is paying rent for... Like 3 or 4: car notes come through a week, and mad grocery receipts come thru there...

Like being a member of a church that goes above and beyond for their members and knowing of struggling churches and pastors who really do this from the heart and faith of a divine intervention.... It just irks me to see folk sweep all church under the same rug...

Especially knowing that my own church broke their personal snow plow pushing snow off of members lots for no pay... Just a letter to the city for repair reimbursement because we were technically serving the community....

But whatever y'all got y'all minds made up and I'm only posting cuz I'm drunk

ok bruh.....

*cracks knuckles*

there are churches that help people out. but how many really help out vs what the community puts in?

if a church has 200 members you cant say we pay the rent for 3 people a car note and some cookies and expect people to think thats ok when the pastor has a benz and a big house.

now in my old hood....a mega church was built. in North Philly. A very poor place. guess what type car is often in the pastors parking spot? a benz and bmw. Now this church holds at least a thousand people. now how are they helping the community vs what the community puts in?

while they have help, choirs, going to visit and pray for the sick and shut in, and do some community work and projects....we need to keep it real about what it real is.....a business with promotion and advertising.

i will say that some churches are legit trying to help the community....but more than not its churches out here doing more harm than good and robbing the community while they are brainwashing.

those church is here to build and keep followers.....i dont care for that.
we need more of the messages to be geared towards building leaders and people who are mentally strong and able to move thru this society.

you know something let me stop

Every pastor ain't business minded fam.

This perception that every pastor is some money hungry manipulator is extremely insulting and tiring

Its edgy to be anti church. Backlash from black people being majority Christian and the non Cheistians being shunned. So they go online sayong how Jesus is fake and religion is all about money and control and a bunch of other bullshit.

And alot of these anti church people dont really do much anyway

Back