Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, the Turkey Grill.

The reason money isn't going to revitalize the city at this point is because no one lives there and there isn't any incentive to put any resources into the area rather those resources be private or public. There simply isn't enough people there. Highland Park has a population of about 9000 people but can support a population of about 50,000. That is what it was back in the 50s, the city being de-populated is why it looks bombed out. Also, the city doesn't even have the funds to invest in itself so the money would have to come from the state and from private equity. They even had to remove a bunch of street lights because the city couldn't pay for the electricity.

I'm not saying take in 200,000 migrants, hell not even 20,000. I say bring it at least 10,000 in order to grow the population and give a series of small business loans to the migrants and the people who already live there. This would bring economic investment for the people who are already there and the migrants in order for them to get on their feet. Also give a series grants to real estate developers with stipulations against predatory lending practices.

If you look around Metro Detroit, we already have large ethnic communites, some of which who have been here decades. We have perhaps the largest population of Arabs in the country, we have a large population of Mexicans in Southwest Detroit, Jews in Oak Park, SouthEast Asians in Madison Heights and Indians in Southfield. What would be wrong with letting migrants fleeing cartel violence and mass poverty and letting them settle in a city that is already empty? I originally came up with this idea when the Hatians were displaced a year or so ago.

The world. Metro Detroit has the highest concentration of people from the Middle East in the world outside of the Middle East itself.

Don't forget the Indians and SE Asians over near me in Canton.

I guess I'm prolly jaded towards them at this point. When we first moved to Phoenix back in '03 I was far more sympathetic towards migrant Mexicans and the like. The way I saw it, they just wanted to earn a living for their families and make a better life for them than what they could get from Mexico; who doesn't understand that if not Black folks? It wasn't until I had my identity stolen by an illegal Mexican in '15 and had an attempt again last year that I've been like "fuck 'em!".

Haitians moving in I'm ok with.

I have an illogical pet pev. I get annoyed when people knock on my door instead of ringing my door bell. I dont know why. There was some instances where the bell ran out of batteries. So I get that and im not annoyed. But most times, they just knock even when the ringer is working

The shoe style that has been popular for the last several years was considered “white girl” shoes when I was growing up.

Amazing how times change.

It all started with them damn Sperrys lolololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back