Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL me too. I really do try to not blow up on them cause I see the hurt on their faces and it breaks me. Kids definitely make you practice your emotional intelligence.
The same. I try to explain why I yelled at them what things we could do so that it would not happen again. I hated when my parents went off on me and the only thing they would say is "because I told you not to". Sometimes you get so hung up on not being like your parents when raising your kids, sometimes you whine up being like them.

Ok, yeah, nice ass area. My peoples was down the freeway from you over in Paradise Hills.

We was off in the hoody-hood. On Twain between Paradise and Swenson. You know what it is over there.
Over by the Siegel Suites, Shelter Island, 7-11, and the liquor store lol. I lived over there when I first moved to Vegas. I learned to get out of Metro jurisdiction asap over there. Lol.

Awww...now you gotta take them back. Yeah we left the resort for some meals, the food there will definitely eat up your money.
Well one night we did. But got 2 pizzas some wings 67 and some change. No drinks or nothing.
And then the soda fountain you have to scan your cup and it'll only give you enough to fill the damn cup up no refills at all....

Bro I feel bad every time I try and help my 10 year old with her math. I don't have the patience for it. Yesterday she was multiplying with decimals. We did 12 x 0.1 = 1.2 together. The next problem was 12 x 0.01. I tried to explain to her that she could look at the answer of the previous problem and move the decimal to the left. I asked her wat the answer was and she said 2. We got through like 3 iterations of that and I blew up. She had tears in her eyes and all that.

I really shouldn't be the one helping them with homework. When I was a tutor I was hard on the students, and that was ok because they were in college and grad school. With little kids it's different. Somehow I gotta figure it out cause I can't be hurting my daughters' feelings every time they don't understand something. Them not getting basic concepts annoys the shit out of me though even though it's perfectly natural.

I had/have that same thing with my son. He has good grades and enjoys school, but math is NOT his jam. At all. I be tryna explain certain shit to him and steam be coming out my ears. But I've learned that I have to go into it already expecting to get to that point so that when it happens, I'm already prepared for it. You gotta watch your body language, and the deep sighs, and how your voice goes up an octave or two when you perplexed that these lil fuckers don't understand it. Cuz the last thing you wanna do is make them feel stupid or make them feel like you think they're stupid. Then what little confidence they do have in it will fade away and the shit will get worse.
Y'all not the only ones

I've had my share of "IF JOHNNY HAS TWO APPLES" moments with my daughter this year.

They are really over complicating math and I just don't understand why

I had/have that same thing with my son. He has good grades and enjoys school, but math is NOT his jam. At all. I be tryna explain certain shit to him and steam be coming out my ears. But I've learned that I have to go into it already expecting to get to that point so that when it happens, I'm already prepared for it. You gotta watch your body language, and the deep sighs, and how your voice goes up an octave or two when you perplexed that these lil fuckers don't understand it. Cuz the last thing you wanna do is make them feel stupid or make them feel like you think they're stupid. Then what little confidence they do have in it will fade away and the shit will get worse.

lol Facts, even when I stop myself from blowing up, I still be slipping up with the sighs. I have to work on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back