Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tryna put together a New Jack Swing playlist for when I’m feeling up beat and want some old nostalgia feels.

Found some good shit, and I’m doing it on my TV through Apple Music using my Xbox so the covers of the albums are large.

So as I’m going through all these songs I’m looking at the covers, the clothing, the hairstyles, the poses, the facial expressions. And I’m like woah, if you only went by the covers and the music you’d think these artist had it all altogether, were speaking from experience and just were people to idolize.

Then we got older and they got older and they came out with their stories for during those times, some of these folks got reality shows and it’s like nah, they were getting jerked around and abused, a lot of the music they didn’t even write.

The style and artistic direction wasn’t even theirs. But when you go through the joints you can see that there were certain styles and ways of being that all albums had. It’s bugged out when you learn these weren’t just kids going along with trends.

These were very specific images and tones created by people outside the culture for people in the culture with ideals that most of these artist didn’t even live.

Shits wild..then since I was already down the 80s-90s rabbit hole of that thought, when I was around 5 to 12.

I said let me do the same when I would’ve been the most impressionable. 15 to 25

:scust: Shit is not pretty. Actually turns my stomach to now be able to visually see how my generation was guided into horrible ways of living and being.

Dudes wasn’t even getting it like that or living it like that. But people outside the culture used them to influence us to believe that this was life.

Shit like how the same folks use the film industry to create a recruiting surge to fight wars they knew were coming then said the trigger word wit 911.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back