Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating the gristle along with the rest of your meat is slave shit.

That's amazing coming from Maga beta.

Respect yaself and stop eating shrimp tails and gristle ma nigga
This is the second time you mentioned gristle today...

Wx1ZXI.gif

Does anyone think that someone like Leonardo DaVinci or Isaac Newton could figure out how a iPad worked and reverse engineer similar technology hundreds of years ago? That's basically what we're talking about when we say the US has alien spacecraft. If that's really true, you have the answer for why we haven't seen a big jump in our technical capability.

We did.

Look at technology leading up to integrated circuits and transistors and look at the exponential jump afterwards. The Roswell Incident happened in 1947, just before IC's and transistors. There were early, crude attempts at an IC before it, but after??? It took a few years, but once we got it, technology took off.

Let me illustrate:

In the 1960's, this was an IBM S360's 128K core memory module. It weighed 610lbs.

s360_128k.jpg

In the late 70's, this entire computer was available with half of that memory:

Apple_II_Plus.jpg

A couple of years later and the Apple][e would be released that could handle up to 128K of RAM.

In 1990, the movie The Hunt For Red October was released and it featured a supercomputer by Cray Inc called the Cray 2. It was one of the fastest supercomputers on the planet with the ability to process 1.9 billion floating point operations per second. It had a luxurious 256MB of ram, liquid cooling for the processors (it had 4), and had to be powered by a pair of generators. Plus, it really needed it's own room to operate in.

1280px-Cray2.jpg

This is a Dell Optiplex GX260. Released in 2002, when equipped with a 2.6GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, it's FASTER than the Cray 2 and can be equipped with 2GB of ram. Fan cooled and it sits under your desk.

dell-optiplex-gx260-mt-intel-p4-2.0ghz-512mb-ram-40gb-hdd-1.21__11802.1490218789.jpg

The processors in computer I'm typing this on can handle over 500 billion floating point operations... and I have two of them in this machine. And it's massively more parallel than the Cray2.

We've been seeing tremendous leaps in technology for the last 60 years and even some decent jumps only a few years after Roswell. Nah, I think that as we reverse engineer shit, it's first sent to the military, then the tech is trickled into the consumer arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back