Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, I think this was what Lorenzo Tate was referring to when it came to English Black actors getting roles and being perceived as better. Being that the role they are playing is so different than who they are off camera that to an ignorant audience, directors and such included. That, that guy is acting and you, you’re just being yourself, when we want you do be somebody else. Even if they actually connect to the source material and know how this character would act. The directors are looking for a more over the top, cartoony version.

Like the main character of Snow fall is a bit over the top. But I don’t think you can get someone with experience in knowing someone like to that be that way. Take Micheal B Jordan in killmonger, it was aight, it met what it was meant to be, but it he wasn’t cartoonishly tough.

Think about how dude who was in belly said he played the hater character over the top on purpose, hoping to ham up the movie, but he’s one of the most standout characters. That’s how British actors do, their behavior will always be extra because they aren’t from the hoods of America or adjacent.

Think about how dude who was in belly said he played the hater character over the top on purpose, hoping to ham up the movie, but he’s one of the most standout characters. That’s how British actors do, their behavior will always be extra because they aren’t from the hoods of America or adjacent.
No man...

You're totally discrediting the work Damson did with the Franklin Saint character, but this all I'ma say about it since you don't ever wanna talk about these things in the threads dedicated to them

How y’all feel about this? Do artists owe influencers who make these viral dances anything?

Aye, if you wanna put your creative juices into essentially promoting someone else’s shit for free, it is what it is.

You got paid in attention. The artist ain’t obligated to look out because you helped make something of theirs more popular. If the artist wants to show love, that’s up to them. To expect the artist to acknowledge you or gift you is some entitlement shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back