Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all know what has become weird and kinda fucked up to me.

Vacationing in a country that’s full of poverty.

You go to a resort but right outside that place, it’s full of poverty. Shits really messed up
Sure is no matter what we all participate in the duality of capitalism..

And the omnipotence of white supremacy

Being minful of that hopefully spawns appreciation for the value of people and there humanity

What you got against the resorts?
Well i agree with @loud-ninja in that I just feel you’re doing a disservice to the experience of the place you’re visiting by staying at a resort. Most resorts visted especially in the Caribbean offer pretty much the same shit with maybe alittle cultural twist. All inclusive cheap drinking, decent buffet style eating spots, pool and “private” blue water beach.

Pretty much you can stay at a resort and couldnt tell if you were in DR, Jamaica, Bahamas etc unless you truly ventured out. And dont get me started on the “excursions” these resorts try to sell you on smh.

Id much rather travel to a new place, Cop a air bnb and experience what it is to be a local but with a family you cant risk it so it best to play it safe and stay at a resort.

I remember I wanted to take a cruise around Haiti like last year lol

Yeahhhhhh let’s just scrap that

Funny enough this older white chick i was talking randomly with was like resorts are like cruise ships just on land and it made all the sense lol

Well i agree with @loud-ninja in that I just feel you’re doing a disservice to the experience of the place you’re visiting by staying at a resort. Most resorts visted especially in the Caribbean offer pretty much the same shit with maybe alittle cultural twist. All inclusive cheap drinking, decent buffet style eating spots, pool and “private” blue water beach.

Pretty much you can stay at a resort and couldnt tell if you were in DR, Jamaica, Bahamas etc unless you truly ventured out. And dont get me started on the “excursions” these resorts try to sell you on smh.
Just have a homie wherever u decide to travel I’m lucky and unlucky to have friends and family spread out all over globally…. So almost wherever I go to once I check in I’m looked after and get the local experience

Even though I always stay at resorts or hotels

Just have a homie wherever u decide to travel I’m lucky and unlucky to have friends and family spread out all over globally…. So almost wherever I go to once I check in I’m looked after and get the local experience

Even though I always stay at resorts or hotels
Well ofcourse that would be ideal…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back