Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about it, it's actually kinda crazy how strongly black people have been able to influence American culture. Like people look at Hip Hop nowadays and see what an impact it has had, but it's kinda always been like that. I was reading about Ragtime, which is a form of music that gained popularity following the Civil War, but black people had basically been playing it since before slavery ended. It was just at that time white people basically ignored it or clowned it because it was perceived as black music. Once black people were free and could write, record, and freely travel playing the music, it basically became synonymous with with American music. Ragtime songs were the first example of American music that actually influenced European culture and musicians.

Everybody knows the Ice Cream Man song (Not Master P)

I wonder how many people realized it was made by a Black man, Scott Joplin.

That's what I've heard. I haven't been yet, but I heard that in Japan, you might catch hell for being a foreigner depending on where you are, but not specifically for being black. And then their standard of giving you hell is just staring at you because being polite is ridiculously important to a lot of Japanese people so their concept of being rude is mild compared to us.

I hear you, but that's part of the reason Euro based countries aren't at the top of my list to visit. My homeboys talking about taking a trip to Germany and Brussels next year. I told them I'm good. They can holla at me next time they got to South America or Africa.
Had a great time in Germany but they def hate Africans

Y’all ever did hoodmaps?

100 percent accurate

E8961F33-D867-432C-BC8F-B7B17467DC07.png

BCCE351D-256E-4F7F-A11C-04BDDC045B1D.png

I grew up in the don’t stop for gas here area, and now live in the hipster/teenager area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back