Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visit tokyo. I experienced more racism at the Portland Oregon Airport getting there than I did there. They were legit colorblind

That's what I've heard. I haven't been yet, but I heard that in Japan, you might catch hell for being a foreigner depending on where you are, but not specifically for being black. And then their standard of giving you hell is just staring at you because being polite is ridiculously important to a lot of Japanese people so their concept of being rude is mild compared to us.

Nigga stfu are black people not supposed to go to other countries? Hate everything you post.

I hear you, but that's part of the reason Euro based countries aren't at the top of my list to visit. My homeboys talking about taking a trip to Germany and Brussels next year. I told them I'm good. They can holla at me next time they got to South America or Africa.

I hear you, but that's part of the reason Euro based countries aren't at the top of my list to visit. My homeboys talking about taking a trip to Germany and Brussels next year. I told them I'm good. They can holla at me next time they got to South America or Africa.

Same thing I was thinking.

Heard about too many people getting their wakeup calls in those places for me to wanna visit there.

Like @Alle’Oxin’Free said earlier, as bad as people think it is over here........it's worse in those european countries.

Same thing I was thinking.

Heard about too many people getting their wakeup calls in those places for me to wanna visit there.

Like @Alle’Oxin’Free said earlier, as bad as people think it is over here........it's worse in those european countries.
I think one of the main reasons black people are so shocked is that lack of understanding of other cultures, because in America we are taught to have so much focus on our own.

In west asian cultures, East Indian cultures, places like Cuba and the DR. The darker complexions of those people are seen as lesser than’s. Within their own cultures, the admiration of Europeans is so significant that being lighter is righter.

So it they’re looking at people of their own race and ethnicity as lacking because of a darker complexion, how do you expect they are going to see you? With the way we are “advertised” around the world.

You see black people being called Micheal Jordan or Puffy daddy, when they look nothing like them, simply because they are black. They can’t even identify us as individuals, so we are what they have been told we are.

So that young lady gets followed because they’ve been told that black people are thieves and crooks. Our own music, a representation of us. Explains us as savages, whores, low down.

Imagine the only understanding you had of white people, cause you interact so little with them, was country music and marvel movies.

They’d walk around to people calling them Iron Man and Captain America. Be seen as gun loving, freedom loving patriots that just want a horse and a good wife.

That’s why a lot of them asian women get with them because they think they are good men that just want obedient wives. That’s why passport bros exist, alot of those women are dating the perception of American men, not the reality.

Then they get coupled up and come to America and realize their man is a loser who sought out a naive women.

The darker complexions of those people are seen as lesser than’s. Within their own cultures, the admiration of Europeans is so significant that being lighter is righter.
So if they’re looking at people of their own race and ethnicity as lacking because of a darker complexion, how do you expect they are going to see you?

You see black people being called Micheal Jordan or Puffy daddy, when they look nothing like them, simply because they are black. They can’t even identify us as individuals, so we are what they have been told we are.

So that young lady gets followed because they’ve been told that black people are thieves and crooks. Our own music, a representation of us. Explains us as savages, whores, low down.

Imagine the only understanding you had of white people, cause you interact so little with them, was country music and marvel movies.

They’d walk around to people calling them Iron Man and Captain America. Be seen as gun loving, freedom loving patriots that just want a horse and a good wife.

That’s why a lot of them asian women get with them because they think they are good men that just want obedient wives. That’s why passport bros exist, alot of those women are dating the perception of American men, not the reality.

Then they get coupled up and come to America and realize their man is a loser who sought out a naive women.

Claws ding ding clip.gif

I've honestly been messed up since Thanksgiving. Seeing my pops not looking like the man I saw a couple of months ago or even the last picture I posted of him with my girls during Father's Day. He once again talked about where to find all of his important paperwork. I'm used to that by now. But he asked my wife about hospice care and at home hospice care. My wife always said that he wasn't telling me everything about his health. Like, I always told him to let me know when he has a doctor's appointment and I will take off of work and take him. But he will always go one his own or have one of our cousins to take him. All of a sudden, he asked me to take him this Thursday. My wife started to cry when he left to go home because he didn't have his usual pep in his step. Even my girls know something isn't right with their granddad. I'm just trying to stay strong and get all of his affairs in order. I'm glad he did a will to outline everything he wants done.

I've honestly been messed up since Thanksgiving. Seeing my pops not looking like the man I saw a couple of months ago or even the last picture I posted of him with my girls during Father's Day. He once again talked about where to find all of his important paperwork. I'm used to that by now. But he asked my wife about hospice care and at home hospice care. My wife always said that he wasn't telling me everything about his health. Like, I always told him to let me know when he has a doctor's appointment and I will take off of work and take him. But he will always go one his own or have one of our cousins to take him. All of a sudden, he asked me to take him this Thursday. My wife started to cry when he left to go home because he didn't have his usual pep in his step. Even my girls know something isn't right with their granddad. I'm just trying to stay strong and get all of his affairs in order. I'm glad he did a will to outline everything he wants done.

Wishing you and your family well going through this tough time bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back