Welcome To aBlackWeb

4 NYPD pigs kill a bipolar black man after he supposedly pointed a metal object at them

How to deal with mentally ill people I can agree the police need training. Everything else fuck no its not a training issue.

The police in the this country have been beating and murdering black people in this country for 100's of years and been known for 100's of years that shit is wrong.

Its not training its how they are and the city, state & federal goverment has sanctioned the shit they doing. The issue really is that plain and simple.
That's the problem. The issue may be plain and simple, but the solution is not..

And until we can make significant steps towards a final solution we absolutely attack and act on every excuse as if it is the problem until we're out of excuses....

Cuz as long as they got something to blame it on

The problem doesn't get fixed
Black people still getting killed
And we still quite pissed off about it..

It's only a matter of time before that energy turns into another "unrest"

So like we trained at work... Can't point out a problem until you have a proposed solution

That's the problem. The issue may be plain and simple, but the solution is not..

And until we can make significant steps towards a final solution we absolutely attack and act on every excuse as if it is the problem until we're out of excuses....

Cuz as long as they got something to blame it on

The problem doesn't get fixed
Black people still getting killed
And we still quite pissed off about it..

It's only a matter of time before that energy turns into another "unrest"

So like we trained at work... Can't point out a problem until you have a proposed solution

They really don't have shit to blame it on either. We're fed bullshit and too many of us go for it.

Energy ain't going to turn to unrest. Too many us happy with crumbs off the floor not even the table to really do something about it. Niggas ain't willing to put their nigga trinkets on the line so we all can get whats ours. I'll keep it 100 I ain't about to be a sacrificial lamb when its quite obvious my death would mean shit to nobody but me and mine. Don't march and protest anything for me fuck shit up US and me!

Malcolm X said it best "THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS DEATH" until we willing to die to live truly free we gonna keep going through this same shit.

Hate to use them as an example but look at Cliven Bundy and all those folks who came across this whole country armed and ready to die for what they believed in. These people literally had an armed stand-off with the federal government.

I disagree with the bold you can always point out a problem regardless of if you have a solution to that problem or not. What too many people do is turn a blind eye to the problems cause they don't know how to fix it.

Ion know what niggaz be wanted fam, he pull that on a nigga that's holding and he getting lit up

You 100% right but you know the difference. The nigga who lit him up for doing that going to prison. The police going home.

What niggas want is for police to be held accountable and go to prison for their fuck ups just like niggas do.

Is it really that fucking hard to understand?

You 100% right but you know the difference. The nigga who lit him up for doing that going to prison. The police going home.

What niggas want is for police to be held accountable and go to prison for their fuck ups just like niggas do.

Depends. Sounds like a good case of self-defense to me if he's allowed to carry.

What exactly are you defending yourself from?

At best said person is getting an involuntary manslaughter charge.
The belief that someone is drawing a gun on you. The footage would only help your case. If you feel your life is in danger, you have the right to protect yourself.

The belief that someone is drawing a gun on you. The footage would only help your case. If you feel your life is in danger, you have the right to protect yourself.

That works in those stand your ground law states. Every other place your duty is to retreat and get out of dodge first.

So is that what's being protested, or are they protesting the killing altogether.

In this case, if I'm a cop, and I'm dispatched to man pointing a gun. When I come through, if ..if, if..I'm caught by surprise with that described man pointing a object that resembles anything like a gun and it's pointed at me. He getting dropped, fuck his mental condition,color or creed he getting dropped.

Now if I don't get caught and there's no line a sight from him to me and it gives me a chance to defuse, then that's what I'm going to try to do.

But if scenerio, is the first...I can't een blame em. I ain't gone sit up here and front on y'all.

Last edited:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...polar-man-lasted-10-seconds-article-1.3918808

Fatal clash between NYPD, bipolar man lasted less than 10 seconds
BY Rocco Parascandola Larry Mcshane

The tragic showdown ended as quickly as it began.

A fatal confrontation between five NYPD officers and a bipolar Brooklyn man carrying what looked like a gun lasted less than 10 seconds, a police official told the Daily News.

There was enough time before the first shots for the cops to shout at Saheed Vassell, 34, when the Crown Heights resident leveled a shiny silver pipe at the officers, the same official said Friday.

“Drop it! Drop it! Drop it!” the officers screamed before opening fire.

None of the four officers who fired a combined 10 shots at Vassell was involved in any previous on-duty shootings, the same official added.

NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said the cops had little time to ponder their options Wednesday after responding to three 911 calls reporting a man on the street with a gun.

“You saw how quickly that transpired,” said Boyce. “These officers didn’t have much time. When you’re presented with an immediate threat, it is different from being able to step back and talk.”

Boyce noted that seven of the eight NYPD line of duty deaths since he became chief of detectives in 2014 involved people with some kind of mental illness.

“Every situation is different,” said Boyce when asked if lethal force was the right response to a mentally ill suspect threatening officers. “... It depends on each incident — not easy to say, policy-wise.”

Vassell, 34, was killed on the streets where he was a familiar figure in the neighborhood.

Security video shot in the seconds before his death showed him wielding a silver metal piece that resembled a gun — and pointing it at pedestrians, including a woman walking hand-in-hand with a small child.

Before police opened fire, Vassell pointed the shiny piece of metal at the arriving officers, extending both his hands in a combat-style stance.

The NYPD released additional video Friday of Vassell’s frenetic final few minutes alive. He’s seen walking quickly along the sidewalk, with the newly public clip showing more of the slain man’s erratic behavior.

Additional transcripts of the three 911 calls made before the shooting were also released, with one woman heard screaming and crying as she spoke with the emergency operator.

“He’s coming back!” she yells. “He’s coming back. He’s crossing the street, Oh my God.”

The dead man’s family acknowledged that Vassell, the father of a 15-year-old son, refused to take medication for his condition.

Susan Herman, NYPD deputy commissioner for collaborative policing, said police were trying to eliminate the stigma of mental illness and steer people to treatment facilities.

The cops are “trying to come up with other alternatives where the Police Department is really the last resort and not the first resort,” she said.

“But we always have to make a distinction between an immediate, urgent life-threatening situation and one where you can reflect upon a variety of options.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...police-shooting-unjustified-article-1.3917511

Mother of Saheed Vassell says police shooting was ‘unjustified'

Janon Fisher

The distraught family of slain Brooklyn man Saheed Vassell and hundreds of supporters gathered Thursday to mourn at the site of his untimely death.

The vigil in the 34-year-old’s honor began with a moment of silence at 4:40 p.m. — the time cops came rushing into Crown Heights after receiving three 911 calls about a man waving what appeared to be a silver gun.

Cops unloaded 10 bullets — nine of which hit Vassell — when they encountered him on a street corner and he took a two-handed shooting stance, pointing a metal object at them that turned out to be a silver-colored pipe.

Vassell’s mother, Lorna, said her son’s death was a senseless tragedy.

“No way, no way, it’s unjustified. They murder my son and I want justice for him,” she said, as she and a group of protesters prepared to march on the NYPD’s 71st Precinct stationhouse after the vigil ended.

The NYPD released a photo and video of Vassell holding the pipe and — in the moments before the fatal shooting — pointing it at people in the street as if it were a gun.

But Vassell’s brother, Marcus, said his sibling was bipolar but was not a violent man.

“Fifteen minutes before Saheed died he asked me for a pair of socks. I do not believe Saheed was out here trying to cause trouble,” he said.

“I still can’t believe. I shed enough tears for my bro for years now. No matter what the situation was, he always held it down for me. This hurt me.”

After the vigil, hundreds of supporters marched six blocks from the scene to the 71st Precinct stationhouse, where they projected the words “Justice for Saheed” and shouted “How do you spell racist? N-Y-P-D!”

Some of the demonstrators rattled the metal barricades in front of the station.

“We are here first and foremost to acknowledge the loss of life,” National Action Network organizer Rev. Kevin McCall said. “A community has lost one of its members. A son has lost his father. Parents have lost their son.”

McCall also said the NYPD needs to better train officers on how to deal with the mentally ill.

Back