Welcome To aBlackWeb

4 Beer Drinkers Only 🍺

We debuted a new beer today

Joining Birdhouse Pale Ale on tap today is a brand new one... say hello to our Kuitbier, a collaboration with @viceadmiralfitzroy @keybrewing. This traditional Dutch style ale was brewed from a grist of 45% oats, 20% Dutch malted wheat and 35% Dutch ale malt. It was bittered with noble hops and fermented with a kölsch yeast strain, unfiltered of course and at 4.7% abv it's delightfully easy drinking. Come get some. #mdbeer #craftbeer #draftbeer #brewedinbaltimore #kuitbier #drinklocal #keybrewing #thebrewersart

So story time...

Back in the old Deutsch days.... The oats and wheats that are used to make this style of beer went up in price... And farmers made more money selling to bakeries to make food n shit vs beer.... Plus Heineken came out with big backing so people just stopped making Kuitbier as much until they petty much got phased out of the beer game almost entirely.

Every now n then you can find some... But they're very rare. Our brewery is cool with a lotta brewers and the story came up, so they were like fuck it... Let's bring it back.

Shits good as fuck. I'd take one over a Heineken easily. Perfect light summer drinking beer

So story time...

Back in the old Deutsch days.... The oats and wheats that are used to make this style of beer went up in price... And farmers made more money selling to bakeries to make food n shit vs beer.... Plus Heineken came out with big backing so people just stopped making Kuitbier as much until they petty much got phased out of the beer game almost entirely.

Every now n then you can find some... But they're very rare. Our brewery is cool with a lotta brewers and the story came up, so they were like fuck it... Let's bring it back.

Shits good as fuck. I'd take one over a Heineken easily. Perfect light summer drinking beer

I’d take almost any beer over a Heineken. Almost

IMG_2378.jpeg

I got this because I felt like experimenting a bit. Lmao.

It’s pretty light drinking beer with a hint of lime and maybe cayenne. Funny enough it kinda reminds me of the spicy Doritos, or I just have a taste for some right now. Lmao.

I probably wouldn’t buy this again, but if it was given to me I wouldn’t turn it down.

IMG_2384.jpeg

The name is spot on to what this taste like. I’ve had different breweries versions of red velvet cake type beer. I’ve had one that was red and the head was solid (foam) white like cream cheese frosting.

This one is the best and closest tasting to red velvet cake.

Last edited:
IMG_2394.jpeg

Catching some Summer League NBA games while tasting new beers.

Not too hoppy of an IPA, which is great for my palate and it’s 10% but not boozie at all.

IMG_2405.jpeg

Love the caramel notes. It has a little bitterness, but it’s a smooth drink. 8% ABV and you don’t really feel it.

Founders brewery is kinda know for darker beers with a bit of kick. Kinda surprised I found this lighter beer out here.

Back