Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Offseason Thread

It's a lot of shit I don't "like" either too bro. I don't like broccoli, cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.

You know I BEEN claiming that the Pelicans needs to trade BI before his trade tanks since years back when I wanted to trade him for the second pick on the draft and for KD. And of course people like you think I'm tripping or overreacting but what I'm actually doing is forecasting the highest probabilities that's possible.

BI becoming a negative asset was always the highest likely outcome and now we are in a shit position that I predicted where he HAS to play just to regain his value which in returns put too much focus on him and will likely be a major distraction from playing TEAM basketball.

Now look at us. Stuck, and looking dumb and mid and stupid smh.
I support silver on this

It ain’t no shtick

BI is bad for business

Since they not moving Zion

Oh I agree Ingram's time in Nola is done

I don't "like" the 180 you've taken even if it's part of a schtick you may have taken up

They wanted it to work, unfortunately it hasn't and there wasn't a market for him that would've allowed them to trade him for players/picks

While the front office has made a misstep here or there, I don't think they've just flat out punted on the vision they wanted for the way they wanted to move.

I'ma just let it all play out. I am done with the saints until they get rid of Dennis Allen though. I'll still hate watch unfortunately😩
It’s crazy because this post was in response to Yabusele

It's a lot of shit I don't "like" either too bro. I don't like broccoli, cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.

You know I BEEN claiming that the Pelicans needs to trade BI before his trade tanks since years back when I wanted to trade him for the second pick on the draft and for KD. And of course people like you think I'm tripping or overreacting but what I'm actually doing is forecasting the highest probabilities that's possible.

BI becoming a negative asset was always the highest likely outcome and now we are in a shit position that I predicted where he HAS to play just to regain his value which in returns put too much focus on him and will likely be a major distraction from playing TEAM basketball.

Now look at us. Stuck, and looking dumb and mid and stupid smh.
Ok

I think you're misrepresenting my thoughts but for the sake of conversation, ok, they have mismanaged this situation... Cool. We both agree here.

Now what?? You gonna keep talking about this for the rest of the season until the finally trade him or are you gonna root for who they roll out there to represent the squad?

That KD situation could've blown up in their faces also. This shit ain't an exact science. You've been following ball long enough to know sometimes shit just don't work.

You hopefully learn from ya past mistakes and pray history doesn't repeat itself

Ok

I think you're misrepresenting my thoughts but for the sake of conversation, ok, they have mismanaged this situation... Cool. We both agree here.

Now what?? You gonna keep talking about this for the rest of the season until the finally trade him or are you gonna root for who they roll out there to represent the squad?

That KD situation could've blown up in their faces also. This shit ain't an exact science. You've been following ball long enough to know sometimes shit just don't work.

You hopefully learn from ya past mistakes and pray history doesn't repeat itself
Pelicans will always be my team and I'm expecting the down votes from you fam but I'm just not a happy fan nor is it fun to root for them anymore. It's too much incompetency and philosophy that tbh I just don't want to associate with my favorite sports team. The Joy, compassion, Togetherness shit that Griff does, Willie Green being incompetent, the lack of accountability, long term foresight, roster construction, Zion weight , BI constantly running elbow and not wanting to play team ball, Griffin keeping players only because they are nice guys and wanting to be in New Orleans, etc.

It's just so much shit that's been going on for 6 years now that just seems like the definition of insanity to keep falling and investing in.

Doesn't help when we have an owner who don't hold anyone accountable either for the Saints or Pelicans. Like why is Griffin, Green and Allen is still here!?! The standards of us is no longer about winning, shit just seems like a business transaction to sell tickets as long as fans keep supporting.

So in some ways I feel the blind loyalty is feeding into a capitalist toxic system of lacking accountability and having higher standards in New Orleans because fans will "support their team no matter what"

I just feel like a sucker, and tbh the blind loyalty and constant running it back shit with both franchises is REALLY pissing me off too. Ol Stockholm syndrome ass shit from the fans.

But I'll say this, I'll watch the first 20 games ONLY for Murray because I am a fan of his. If after 20 games I feel the Pelicans is on some silly shit with bad coaching and BI being the main focus I'm taking the season off and focusing on Wemby and other teams. That's always been the plan for me.

Pelicans will always be my team and I'm expecting the down votes from you fam but I'm just not a happy fan nor is it fun to root for them anymore. It's too much incompetency and philosophy that tbh I just don't want to associate with my favorite sports team. The Joy, compassion, Togetherness shit that Griff does, Willie Green being incompetent, the lack of accountability, long term foresight, roster construction, Zion weight , BI constantly running elbow and not wanting to play team ball, Griffin keeping players only because they are nice guys and wanting to be in New Orleans, etc.

It's just so much shit that's been going on for 6 years now that just seems like the definition of insanity to keep falling and investing in.

Doesn't help when we have an owner who don't hold anyone accountable either for the Saints or Pelicans. Like why is Griffin, Green and Allen is still here!?! The standards of us is no longer about winning, shit just seems like a business transaction to sell tickets as long as fans keep supporting.

So in some ways I feel the blind loyalty is feeding into a capitalist toxic system of lacking accountability and having higher standards in New Orleans because fans will "support their team no matter what"

I just feel like a sucker, and tbh the blind loyalty and constant running it back shit with both franchises is REALLY pissing me off too. Ol Stockholm syndrome ass shit from the fans.
Understood 🫱🏿‍🫲🏾

Back