Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Offseason Thread

A players worth is different based on the teams trying to trade for him. For example, Bridges was worth more to the Knicks than any other team, so the Knicks gave up 5 picks.

Imo, Lauri aint worth the price they asking for for the warriors or spurs. The spurs not far enough in their rebuild to give up a young player, 3 picks and 4 swaps, and for the warriors Lauri doesnt reopen their closed window to give up that much.

A team like the Sixers is who it would be worth giving up all that for Lauri. Luckily they dont got all that.

I agree, I think Markkanen is a good player but that's a lot for someone who has never played a playoff game

That's Ainge though...Lauri made an allstar game in 2023 so now it's time to sell high

I agree, I think Markkanen is a good player but that's a lot for someone who has never played a playoff game

That's Ainge though...Lauri made an allstar game in 2023 so now it's time to sell high
Is Lauri better than Randle?

Does Lauri fit the Knicks better than Randle knowing we play less of a finesse game and more of a tough physical high effort game?

I think who is better is a toss up. Lauri is the better shooter/scorer, but Randle is ok in those two things but is a better rebounder and playmaker.

But on the Knicks, I think Randle is the better fit.

Not that the Knicks are doing this trade

Just a guess but I feel like the Spurs and Warriors both really want Markkanen but the Jazz/Ainge want a young player back too and we're probably asking for Devin Vassell while San Antonio was thinking more like Keldon Johnson

Warriors trying to offer up Moody and picks while keeping Podz and Kuminga.....Jazz don't want Moody.....Warriors trying to decide if the can live with trading Podziemski

It's interesting the amount the amount of people I see saying they should trade Kuminga and keep Podziemski instead which is wild to me
people REALLY like podz

Kuminga I see the upside case but I can also see the never achieves potential too

Warriors are a 2nd round exit ceiling team WITH Lauri imo

I don’t see the point

Is Lauri better than Randle?

Does Lauri fit the Knicks better than Randle knowing we play less of a finesse game and more of a tough physical high effort game?

I think who is better is a toss up. Lauri is the better shooter/scorer, but Randle is ok in those two things but is a better rebounder and playmaker.

But on the Knicks, I think Randle is the better fit.

Not that the Knicks are doing this trade

In a vacuum yes....I think Lauri is a better player than Randle, but I also have to be fair and say that I've never been a fan of watching Julius Randle play basketball

But with that being said The Knicks/Randle situation is very interesting to me because he makes the most sense tradewise at this point mostly because of his salary but the Knicks definitely missed his playmaking and having someone who do something with the ball in their hands so unless they get that back its kind of hard to replace it

I know Thibs doesn't want to do it but I would actually be very interested in seeing what he looks like playing center....even if doesn't work I want to that to at least be something they legitimately try

Just have Mitch and another big on standby for some of the mathcups that aren't ideal

Last edited:
In a vacuum yes....I think Lauri is a better player than Randle, but I also have to be fair and say that I've never been a fan of watching Julius Randle play basketball

But with that being said The Knicks/Randle situation is very interesting to me because he makes the most sense tradewise at this point mostly because of his salary but the Knicks definitely missed his playmaking and having someone who do something with the ball in their hands so unless they get that back its kind of hard to replace it

I know Thibs doesn't want to do it but I would actually be very interested in seeing what he looks like playing center....even if doesn't work I want to that to at least be something they legitimately try

Just have Mitch and another big on standby for some of the mathcups that aren't ideal
My thing is, trade Randle for who? Who else you gonna get to give you 25, 10, and 5 at 4?

Randle is very frustrating to watch when shit isnt going right. Bad decision making, body language is horrible, all that. But when hes good, his production output is elite.

I wouldnt mind a Randle trade, but if you got to trade Randle plus a bunch of picks then the player coming back has to be better by that much.

I think we keeping Rande for now, but hes cleary the odd man out. They didnt bring all the Nova boys together to trade one, and def didnt pay OG all that money to trade him.

I think the right trade would be for a big, but idk if there is one on the market.

My thing is, trade Randle for who? Who else you gonna get to give you 25, 10, and 5 at 4?

Randle is very frustrating to watch when shit isnt going right. Bad decision making, body language is horrible, all that. But when hes good, his production output is elite.

I wouldnt mind a Randle trade, but if you got to trade Randle plus a bunch of picks then the player coming back has to be better by that much.

I think we keeping Rande for now, but hes cleary the odd man out. They didnt bring all the Nova boys together to trade one, and def didnt pay OG all that money to trade him.

I think the right trade would be for a big, but idk if there is one on the market.

Yup that's what I was saying....regardless of what you think of him he does bring something to the table that the Knicks need so if you trade him you have to have some plan to replace what he gives you.....can't just trade just because you don't want him on the team anymore

Back