Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024/2025 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

I'm I the only one who thinks that Jaden Ivey is overrated?

Like, no, dude is not a must draft at 4 whatever a teams needs if available. Much less is he in the top 3.

That medical will be really really important. Dude was mostly floor bound in college, but in High School before his injuries, he had some hops.

If he there is a chance he can get his athleticism back, he is top 5 in this class IMO.

BUT, that is a big if.

@thefrenchwood This is the same wishful thinking i keep having for Callum Hudson Odoi, lol. Dude was going to be a beast before his injury. Hopefully this year he gets his mojo back, smh.
It’s so frustrating to watch a young athlete fight back to get his body in order while also having to improve their game

I'm I the only one who thinks that Jaden Ivey is overrated?

Like, no, dude is not a must draft at 4 whatever a teams needs if available. Much less is he in the top 3.
Overrated? Hmm yes but not so much because I think the only players after him that I think could be better than him is Murray and maybe Dyson

But not really because I would have no issue with him going 4th

Even if he went 3rd

Even if he went 3rd
anger-management-jack-nicholson.gif

It’s funny because neither of the top 3 picks you can clearly say deserves to be the #1 pick over the other two so honestly no matter the order I don’t think there can be any outrage or shock or surprise

Actually I’m kinda lying, I don’t think there’s a chance Chet is the #1 pick

Overrated? Hmm yes but not so much because I think the only players after him that I think could be better than him is Murray and maybe Dyson

But not really because I would have no issue with him going 4th

Even if he went 3rd

Shaedon Sharpe, Jaden Hardy, Blake Wesley, Justin Lewis, Dyson Daniels and Jalen Williams will probably be better.

I'm not saying that I necessarily having an issue with him going 4th, I just don't think that it's a no-brainer. The Kings would not be foolish if they decided to go another route.

lol you really be beating the drum for Justin Lewis

That’s my golden eagle and even I can’t put him as a top 20 pick

I could see the kings taking Murray but I don’t want them to because I don’t want the pistons to get Ivey lol

There's a chance Johnny Davis will be better too.
Saw someone compare Johnny Davis to Josh Hart and i dont think they are far off. Why are u higher on Johnny Davis? Maybe i am reading too much into him shooting 30% from three. Could be a better shooting in the NBA. I like that he plays defense really well though.

Saw someone compare Johnny Davis to Josh Hart and i dont think they are far off. Why are u higher on Johnny Davis? Maybe i am reading too much into him shooting 30% from three. Could be a better shooting in the NBA. I like that he plays defense really well though.

I'm not higher. I would take Ivey over him, but there's a chance that he could be better. Has already shown that he is a better finisher at the rim, a bit more crafty at getting to the rim and his shooting is probably not as bad at the 30% figure would suggest. For one thing, he shot worse towards the end, when he was injured.

Also I’m starting to get a bit down on sharpe because there’s no real strong evidence of him playing against good competition

I can see a team like the pistons taking him to capitalize off of him in like 3 years but outside of that I don’t really see any team drafting him before 9th

(I forgot the pacers but they like more ready prospects Imo)

The blazers could if they were looking to trade Dame but since they really wanna compete soon, outside of using him as a trade piece I’m not seeing it

i feel the same way about Sharpe.

drafting guys like him can make a GM look brilliant or immediately looking for a job. Scouting high school prospects is hard but a guy who didn’t even do a lot (playing against) against the top high school prospects makes it even harder.

i feel the same way about Sharpe.

drafting guys like him can make a GM look brilliant or immediately looking for a job. Scouting high school prospects is hard but a guy who didn’t even do a lot (playing against) against the top high school prospects makes it even harder.
Yeah it’s straight off of upside and teams like

Pacers
Blazers
Sonics
Spurs

Are all teams that either the playoffs or took a step back last year when they normally make the playoffs so there’s real need to go for such upside over a more ready prospect that can maybe help more right away

If he slid I wouldn’t be mad at it

But if he was taken at 6th I wouldn’t be mad either

Yeah it’s straight off of upside and teams like

Pacers
Blazers
Sonics
Spurs

Are all teams that either the playoffs or took a step back last year when they normally make the playoffs so there’s real need to go for such upside over a more ready prospect that can maybe help more right away

If he slid I wouldn’t be mad at it

But if he was taken at 6th I wouldn’t be mad either

I wouldn’t like it if the SPURS took him but I would hope he pans out.

from the little bit of videos I’ve seen I’m not super impressed. Then looking at his measurements, leaves a lot to be desired also. I could see if he was a legit 6’6” with long arms or something. Lol. He doesn’t look that quick. He can jump from the game videos I’ve seen. His handle doesn’t look the greatest also.

I wish he would’ve played a few games while in Kentucky but he was smart about not being seen and he is about to get paid.

I wish him the best of luck though, besides when he plays the SPURS. lmao.

Back