Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024/2025 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

Did a bit of a Wembanyama deep dive this morning. Looks like the kid is starting to play with a bit more tenacity.

Also there might be some passing skills here. Averaging less than 1 assist a game, but made some passes u don’t see players his size make that often

The shot looks good, but the shooting percentage from three is really terrible right now. Will have to keep watching that.

I think I still have Scoot over him right now, but both players really need to get that three point shot to a respectable territory if they are going to be special in the NBA.

What do u think of his three point shot? It looks good, but dude only shot 20% from three. If i am convinced he can get that shot into the high 30s or even over 40%, i will take him in the lottery (its a weak draft). If not, Mark Williams >>> Kessler.
I think the way his shot is, it’ll be inconsistent or…unreliable but over the years I feel like if he works on it he can be around 33-35% on like 2 attempts

not great but average enough that you have to Atleast respect it

high 30s or over 40? Lol I don’t see it honestly due to the mechanics. high 30s or low 40s turns him into Myles Turner who was a lotto pick at 11th (he’ll be a better defender than Turner I think)

take what I say with a grain of salt idk if I’m a good evaluator of amateur talent. That’s what I’m working with towards

I think the way his shot is, it’ll be inconsistent or…unreliable but over the years I feel like if he works on it he can be around 33-35% on like 2 attempts

not great but average enough that you have to Atleast respect it

high 30s or over 40? Lol I don’t see it honestly due to the mechanics. high 30s or low 40s turns him into Myles Turner who was a lotto pick at 11th (he’ll be a better defender than Turner I think)

take what I say with a grain of salt idk if I’m a good evaluator of amateur talent. That’s what I’m working with towards
Plus dude shot under 60% from the free throw line in his 2 years in college. Research has shown that Free Throw shooting can be a good indicator of future three point shooting improvement.

Did a bit of a Wembanyama deep dive this morning. Looks like the kid is starting to play with a bit more tenacity.

Also there might be some passing skills here. Averaging less than 1 assist a game, but made some passes u don’t see players his size make that often

The shot looks good, but the shooting percentage from three is really terrible right now. Will have to keep watching that.

I think I still have Scoot over him right now, but both players really need to get that three point shot to a respectable territory if they are going to be special in the NBA.
Oh yeah, this kid is the truth.

Cant wait until the draft lottery so I can have a better idea what the Rockets are going to do

I feel like Chet/Jabari are the better fit for what we have right now but Paolo is the most talented and probably a bad fit

I don't think we're necessarily at the point where we should looking at fit over best available player but idk...definitely conflicted

Cant wait until the draft lottery so I can have a better idea what the Rockets are going to do

I feel like Chet/Jabari are the better fit for what we have right now but Paolo is the most talented and probably a bad fit

I don't think we're necessarily at the point where we should looking at fit over best available player but idk...definitely conflicted

I’m also excited about the draft lottery and off season as a whole.

it’s going to be interesting to see how both our franchises approach everything.

If you’re the rockets go with best available because no other player on the rockets is “untouchable” outside of green and sengun imo

so even if you draft another guard you can just move Porter and if you draft a Jabari smith you can move wood

I don’t know what position banchero plays but if he’s a player that needs the ball in his hands to be effective then green is just gonna have to worry about playing off ball and you have years to try to make it work

Back