Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024/2025 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

Let me ask y’all…

How do y’all evaluate talent?

How do you to see a guy play exceptionably well but then differentiate if it’s strictly due to his competition vs his ability?

What do you look for when evaluating?

What’s a good thing to use to separate prospects who are relatively close to each other? Outside of their body differences?
Defensively: I look at 1)the natural ability to make the extra step and block motion 2) overall positioning and 3) effort
Offensively (regardless of the player's position): Basic fundamentals (finishing at the rim with the right hand everytime, giving up good shots for great shots etc). Ability to create a shot and create one for others.
Overall: IQ, not fading physically/knowing when to recover. Do i like your game? Yes or no! Lol

Defensively: I look at 1)the natural ability to make the extra step and block motion 2) overall positioning and 3) effort
Offensively (regardless of the player's position): Basic fundamentals (finishing at the rim with the right hand everytime, giving up good shots for great shots etc). Ability to create a shot and create one for others.
Overall: IQ, not fading physically/knowing when to recover. Do i like your game? Yes or no! Lol
Appreciate this man

Appreciate this man
re: 1)the natural ability to make the extra step and block motion

Sometimes you can fake trying to steal the ball when a player drive which forces him to take another left or right step and allow your teammate to make a adjustment and step up and contest. So many Harden's moments popped up in my head like he doesn't even have to do much and yet he doesn't do it smh lol

Yo it’s wild
Lebron made it so niggas can’t call his son by his first name or they gonna think they talking about him

I don’t even wanna call someone bronny

Back