Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NFL Season Thread

I'm not saying they were good, but the narrative is they were the shittiest division in the league.

Here's the Cowboys during that same period. Less playoff appearances, less playoff success, same number of losing seasons.

View attachment 1222096
No he wasn't saying they were the worst division he just said it was a weak division....when only 1 team has consistently had over 10 wins every season the division is usually weak

No he wasn't saying they were the worst division he just said it was a weak division....when only 1 team has consistently had over 10 wins every season the division is usually weak

He said it was the most uncompetitive division in NFL history, that it was a cupcake division, and its a ticket to the playoffs as soon as you finish training camp. Sounds like he's calling them the worst division.

I feel like yall are holding them to a standard but not applying it to everyone. So the AFC East was weak... what were the strong divisions? Hell, rank em for me.

He said it was the most uncompetitive division in NFL history, that it was a cupcake division, and its a ticket to the playoffs as soon as you finish training camp. Sounds like he's calling them the worst division.

I feel like yall are holding them to a standard but not applying it to everyone. So the AFC East was weak... what were the strong divisions? Hell, rank em for me.
Brady did benefit from a weak division....just like peyton benefited from a weak division when he played in indy but the difference was peyton didn't have a team with a great defense......it wouldn't be the same outcome if any of those other teams had the same record as the pats did or played just as good....to me the afc north has been one of the tougher divisions because they usually have atleast 2 teams go into the playoffs in recent years

Brady did benefit from a weak division....just like peyton benefited from a weak division when he played in indy but the difference was peyton didn't have a team with a great defense......it wouldn't be the same outcome if any of those other teams had the same record as the pats did or played just as good....to me the afc north has been one of the tougher divisions because they usually have atleast 2 teams go into the playoffs in recent years

What I'm saying is damn near every division can't be weak, or your definition of weak is skewed. At that point you're labeling what's actually normal as weak. Brady may have just been in a more or less regular division.

Nobody is saying that lol what are you talking about? We're just talking about afc east over the years

Haha man it's not complicated. Calling them weak is relative to the rest of the league. So I'm saying relatively speaking they may not really be much different than other divisions.

Like let's say you're saying a team's defensive ranking is high because they're in a division with weak offenses. But turns out that division is 3rd in points scored. So either you're wrong about their offenses, or your bar for not being weak may be high if only 2 divisions can meet it.

Haha man it's not complicated. Calling them weak is relative to the rest of the league. So I'm saying relatively speaking they may not really be much different than other divisions.

Like let's say you're saying a team's defensive ranking is high because they're in a division with weak offenses. But turns out that division is 3rd in points scored. So either you're wrong about their offenses, or your bar for not being weak may be high if only 2 divisions can meet it.
Lol no....look nfc west used to be weak division too now it's a stronger, same with afc east they have improved over the years every division has had their up and down moments some has been more down than up.....a team defensive ranking is by their performance throughout the season whoever they play in the schedule not by the division that's not how I see it atleast

Lol no....look nfc west used to be weak division too now it's a stronger, same with afc east they have improved over the years every division has had their up and down moments some has been more down than up.....a team defensive ranking is by their performance throughout the season whoever they play in the schedule not by the division that's not how I see it atleast

Exactly. Every division has their ups and downs. The AFCE had this during the Brady era just like everybody else. My point is just that the AFC East is just like other divisions, but people are talking about it like it was the Pats and 3 4-12 teams every season.

These are the AFC divisions in the same order for a few consecutive years (not labeled to hopefully get rid of some bias). You really looking at this and telling me the AFC stands out as noticeably worse?

Screenshot_20231128-100602_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128-100717_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128-100817_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128-100857_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128-100958_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128-101039_Chrome.jpg

Back