Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NBA Playoffs East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs #5 New York Knicks (NYK wins 4-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cavs really are in an interesting space

You have 4 good players and they only way to improve is to trade one of them...but they're all core pieces and important for different reasons

Jarrett Allen - key to your defensive identity
Donovan Mitchell- just traded all over assets for him and want to keep him
Evan Mobley- your crown jewel young prospect
Darius Garland - Homegrown all-star point guard, only 23

You have 4 good players and they only way to improve is to trade one of them...but they're all core pieces and important for different reasons

They can sign some pieces and here and there, they need a bench overhaul they should seek to do it intelligently as possible

They can sign some pieces and here and there, they need a bench overhaul they should seek to do it intelligently as possible

Cavs will re-sign Levert because they can't afford to have him leave for nothing

Then they'll have enough left over to sign someone at the mid-level.....thats about it

If it was up to me I’m moving Allen and Garland

🤨
Thank God I'm not thinking like the real old folks because most of the old Knicks fans that's 55 and up don't have the patience to see a true rebuild. That's why they praising Knicks front office. They lack foresight like a lot of Knicks fans but the old ones get a pass. Young Knicks fans from my era and younger are short sighted and care more about fitting in. Fuck that

I will never forget most Knicks fans wanting to trade 5 to 6 picks, Toppin, Quickley and shit for Donovon fucking Mitchell. That nigga didn't care what Knicks did to get him and I don't respect that. I didn't want a Carmelo Anthony situation all over again. Beginning of the season Knicks were building something and fans were ready to give it away for Donovon. 🤦🏽‍♂️

In realgm Knicks forum, posters were laughing and coming at me because I said Knicks winning around 46-50.

I ended up being right because niggas is followers

Last edited:

I wouldnt trade any of them.

Not yet. They so young. No need to trade to try and improve yet imo.

I would let the young guys cook and see how they look next season after they experienced playoff intensity.

Cavs imo are in one of the better positions in the NBA

I wouldnt trade any of them.

Not yet. They so young. No need to trade to try and improve yet imo.

I would let the young guys cook and see how they look next season after they experienced playoff intensity.

Cavs imo are in one of the better positions in the NBA
are you resigning Caris levert?

Is Levert ok with his role? Is he willing to accept the price his role gets or does he want more? If the answer is yes, i try to upgrade him for someone more consistent, but if I cant, ill bring him back
Hard to justify the trade for him last year if you get rid of him imo but I only ask because he made 18 mil this season and is expiring and then it’s like how much are you bringing him back for?

Hard to justify the trade for him last year if you get rid of him imo but I only ask because he made 18 mil this season and is expiring and then it’s like how much are you bringing him back for?
I wouldnt want to give levert 18. Id try to go cheaper but if theres no one else I can sign except him, then i would still sign him. Not for anything more than 18 though

Ingram for Mobley and something else to make the salaries work

Back