Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
The heat. Why wait for a questionable Giannis a year from now? They can win now with Dame fuck it

Maybe I didn’t make it clear enough in my original post (sorry) but I’m saying teams outside of the Heat

my point is just I didn’t even think about how Giannis being non committal affects how teams are going to operate with their assets

Just thinking out loud

I don't see New York being lower than 6th and really I should project them to be higher because I think their defense is going to be much better than last year

Don't know what version of Julius Randle we're going to see so that makes me kind of nervous but the Knicks are deep team that should benefit from some continuity and internal improvemt too

I like this roster and what the front office is doing though
The Randle shit is the worry.

If RJ can play like he did in FIBA and be the 2nd option, thatll take even more pressure off Randle.

The Randle shit is such an anomaly. hes hard to trade cause its hard to replace his 25, 10, and 5. That level of production is hard to find.

But then he gets to the playoffs and hes ass.

Hard to get to the playoffs without him, hard to win in the playoffs with him.

Either way im not worried. All Knicks got to do now is be consistent. Anywhere between 4 to 6 seed is good.

We have 3 seasons to make a move. Thats when Brunson is up for a contract. We just need to be patient and wait for the right star to be available. Long as we make a trade for a max player while Brunsons contract is still this low, we'll be good.

I got these 6 teams as playoff locks.

Bos
Mil
Cle
Mia
Phi
NY
Atl

I don't believe in the cavs. As far as a team that can go deep in the playoffs. 2nd round ceiling imo. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I think bos, mil, or Mia will come out of the east. I can only see another team besides those 3 getting through because of injuries.

Atl seems primed on adding another big piece. Could be a sleeper in the east.

Oh I agree, I think the Cavs have a second round cap but they're going to be very successful in the regular season

I think Atlanta is going to end up better than people think as well

what Zach lowe said about the Dame trade and Giannis is interesting because I didn’t even think of that

Why try to trade for Dame as another team when Giannis could potentially be available within a year?

I’ll even add Embiid to that

Not saying that completely takes every team away but I can see there be even less suitors

Maybe it's like this every season but it seems like aside from a few teams the entire league is at a major Inflection point or crossroads.....

Atlanta- Is Trae the man long term?

Boston - Could be the end of the Brown/Tatum era if they don't get the job done

Charlotte - New ownership, expecting to make playoffs

Chicago - Have to decide what they're going to do with Derozan; Patrick Williams x factor and extension

Cleveland- On the clock with Donovan Mitchell

Dallas - On the clock with Luka

Golden State- The Klay extension, what happens with Kuming/Moody/Chris Paul Contract

Houston - Kind of unfair but how Sengun holds up defensively, spacing the floor with real starter minutes is going to decide his future with the team

Clippers - Kawhi and Paul George

Lakers - the Lebron/AD window

Milwaukee - Giannis applying pressure

Minnesota- Can the Towns/Gobert front court work....if not Towns is probably gone

Miami- Trying to extend and maximize the Jimmy Butler/Bam window

New Orleans- The future of Zion and BI

New York - Patiently waiting in the cut

Memphis - Can Ja stop being a dickhead? Might finally be time to make an "all in, win now move"

OKC - Time to start evaluatinh talent when they have expectations to win games and compete for a playoff start...have to start making decisions sooner than people think

Philly - Whats going to happen with Harden and Embiid; aiming for max cap space next offseason

Phoenix- All in on Booker/KD/Beal

Portland- What happens with Dame

Toronto- Have to pick a direction and decide what they're going to do with OG and Siakam

(Indiana, Washington, Denver, Utah and San Antonio playing with house money)

Makes sense to remain flexible and keep your books clean.....a lot of big names could be available very soon

Maybe it's like this every season but it seems like aside from a few teams the entire league is at a major Inflection point or crossroads.....

Boston - Could be the end of the Brown/Tatum era if they don't get the job done

Charlotte - New ownership, expecting to make playoffs

Chicago - Have to decide what they're going to do with Derozan; Patrick Williams x factor and extension

Cleveland- On the clock with Donovan Mitchell

Dallas - On the clock with Luka

Golden State- The Klay extension, what happens with Kuming/Moody/Chris Paul Contract

Houston - Kind of unfair but how Sengun holds up defensively, spacing the floor with real starter minutes is going to decide his future with the team

Clippers - Kawhi and Paul George

Lakers - the Lebron/AD window

Milwaukee - Giannis applying pressure

Minnesota- Can the Towns/Gobert front court work....if not Towns is probably gone

Miami- Trying to extend and maximize the Jimmy Butler/Bam window

New Orleans- The future of Zion and BI

New York - Patiently waiting in the cut

Memphis - Can Ja stop being a dickhead? Might finally be time to make an "all in, win now move"

OKC - Time to start evaluatinh talent when they have expectations to win games and compete for a playoff start...have to start making decisions sooner than people think

Philly - Whats going to happen with Harden and Embiid; aiming for max cap space next offseason

Phoenix- All in on Booker/KD/Beal

Portland- What happens with Dame

Toronto- Have to pick a direction and decide what they're going to do with OG and Siakam

(Indiana, Washington, Denver, Utah and San Antonio playing with house money)

Makes sense to remain flexible and keep your books clean.....a lot of big names could be available very soon
im inclined to say it’s like this every year as everybody deals with their own shit

But yeah when you write it out like that it also feels like it’s always going to be something which is why the league changes so much every 2 years or so, so maybe teams shouldn’t worry about capitalizing so much and hanging their hat on something shaking for them

Also I was thinking about Lamelo the other day, is there any other franchise player that feels as disconnected to their franchise as him?

I feel no love from either side

Also

IMG_7159.gif

im inclined to say it’s like this every year as everybody deals with their own shit

But yeah when you write it out like that it also feels like it’s always going to be something which is why the league changes so much every 2 years or so, so maybe teams shouldn’t worry about capitalizing so much and hanging their hat on something shaking for them

Also I was thinking about Lamelo the other day, is there any other franchise player that feels as disconnected to their franchise as him?

I feel no love from either side

Also

View attachment 1179356

I agree....I think also it's a residual effect of the new CBA

@Sony Montana

Charlotte is a mess, legit might be the most irrelevant team in the league

I talked about it before but I think the biggest problem is for as bad as they've been they don't have any high end talent for their troubles besides Lamelo and even he fell into their lap....the fact that they've failed to add a legit co-star to run with him is a damn shame

The really fucked themselves the past three drafts.....Imagine some combination of Tari Eason, Malaki Branham, Jaylin Williams, Benedict Mathurin, Walker Kessler, Scoot Henderson, Sengun, Trey Murphy on this team...instead they ended up with JT Thor, Kai Jones, Mark Williams, Brandon Miller and James Bouknight.

The funny thing about it though is you can kind of see the path for them not being terrible this season.....they just won 43 games two years ago with essentially this exact same group, if Miles Bridges picks up where he left off and some of their young guys take a step forward they can compete for a play in....unfortunately for them though that's their ceiling

Last edited:
@Sony Montana

Charlotte is a mess, legit might be the most irrelevant team in the league

I talked about it before but I think the biggest problem is for as bad as they've been they don't have any high end talent for their troubles besides Lamelo and even he fell into their lap....the fact that they've failed to add a legit co-star to run with him is a damn shame

The really fucked themselves the past three drafts.....Imagine some combination of Tari Eason, Malaki Branham, Jaylin Williams, Walker Kessler, Scoot Henderson, Sengun, Trey Murphy on this team...instead they ended up with JT Thor, Kai Jones, Mark Williams, Brandon Miller and James Bouknight.

The funny thing about it though is you can kind of see the path for them not being terrible this season.....they just won 43 games two years ago with essentially this exact same group, if Miles Bridges picks up where he left off and some of their young guys take a step forward they can compete for a play in....unfortunately for them though that's their ceiling
Lol when you lay out the missed draft opportunities it looks bad

I mean they tried with Hayward and Rozier and bridges was very good before he beat that girl up so I do acknowledge they haven’t been totally listless

Hornets have had bad injury luck but also just flat out dropped the ball as far as curating a culture there

There’s no way you should draft Nick smith Jr after dealing with bouknight and having a guy like Bruce Mcgowens already on the roster

What’s the point? Especially after having Rozier and Lamelo as locks as starters

Those 3 guys competing and 2 of them are small combo guards who can’t defend.

Don’t get me started on their big man situation doing that bullshit with Nick Richards and Mark Williams last season

Give mark ALL the mins he can handle

Why the hell is JT Thor on the roster?

Why won’t they sign actual respectable vets?

Who is advising Lamelo? Don’t tell me fuckin Terry Rozier lol

OKC has a loaded front court but with Poku being out that's one less person in the rotation

Jaylin Williams, Chet, JRE and Jack White probably going to get the bulk of the minutes at the 4/5 but Ousmane Dieng is ahead of schedule and is going to be nasty when he gets an opportunity

OKC has a loaded front court but with Poku being out that's one less person in the rotation

Jaylin Williams, Chet, JRE and Jack White probably going to get the bulk of the minutes at the 4/5 but Ousmane Dieng is ahead of schedule and is going to be nasty when he gets an opportunity
I forgot they drafted Cason Wallace even though that’s backcourt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back