Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have a little while before the season starts so why not have some conversations on random shit. Lol.

I was watching a video on YouTube that turned into a pretty heated debate about leadership.

One person was saying that the best player is always going to be the leader while another was saying that’s not necessarily true.

What do you guys think about this ?

We still have a little while before the season starts so why not have some conversations on random shit. Lol.

I was watching a video on YouTube that turned into a pretty heated debate about leadership.

One person was saying that the best player is always going to be the leader while another was saying that’s not necessarily true.

The media will make the best player on the team the leader by default. IMO the leader should be the coach.

The media will make the best player on the team the leader by default. IMO the leader should be the coach.
When I brought this up I was kinda talking about actually how it is on the teams. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard the media automatically call the best players the leaders of every team. Especially sports shows that have former players as pundits.

Coaching is definitely important and they take on leadership roles also. I feel most people don’t look at them as the overall leader of teams though.

Sounds like some shit Gilbert would say

Sounds like some shit Gilbert would say
You caught me, this conversation was on his show. 😂

But……. McCants was saying the best player is always the leader. Mrs. Grimes disagreed with him and said that isn’t always the case. Gilbert actually agreed with her and gave himself as an example while in Washington. He said he was the best player, but the leader was Jamison and Larry Hughes. Gilbert said he wasn’t really interested or all that good at trying to get others to do the right thing, but those guys were.

• Haha
Reactions: GNS

I know u are trying to foster conversation during a slow time, but both can be true. Just depends on the ecosystem of each particular team.

From a very young age, a lot of the “best” players are groomed to be leaders in most teams they are on. So it makes sense that in most cases, the best player can adequately fill the role of leader when they get to the NBA.

But like with most things in life, there are exceptions. There are teams where the best player has no interest in being the leader , there are teams where the best player is too young (rebuilding teams) and there are teams where someone is naturally more of a leader that the best player has no choice but to follow or co lead (UD/Heats)

I know u are trying to foster conversation during a slow time, but both can be true. Just depends on the ecosystem of each particular team.

From a very young age, a lot of the “best” players are groomed to be leaders in most teams they are on. So it makes sense that in most cases, the best player can adequately fill the role of leader when they get to the NBA.

But like with most things in life, there are exceptions. There are teams where the best player has no interest in being the leader , there are teams where the best player is too young (rebuilding teams) and there are teams where someone is naturally more of a leader that the best player has no choice but to follow or co lead (UD/Heats)
I’m annoyed you said this, now I feel like I have to follow up with some of what I said.

The leader is the guy if you take him off the team, the team operates differently or has a different makeup or plays with less of an edge imo

Marcus smart was the leader despite being like the 4th best player at best

People don’t like it but Draymond is the leader

Some teams have 2 leaders (Suns)

Some teams have no leaders (Bulls, Nets)

Some teams have the coach as the leader (spurs, MAYBE Knicks)

You caught me, this conversation was on his show. 😂

But……. McCants was saying the best player is always the leader. Mrs. Grimes disagreed with him and said that isn’t always the case. Gilbert actually agreed with her and gave himself as an example while in Washington. He said he was the best player, but the leader was Jamison and Larry Hughes. Gilbert said he wasn’t really interested or all that good at trying to get others to do the right thing, but those guys were.

I was being facetious but damn lol

But yeah, I just can't cosign shit Gilbert says

I’m annoyed you said this, now I feel like I have to follow up with some of what I said.

The leader is the guy if you take him off the team, the team operates differently or has a different makeup or plays with less of an edge imo

Marcus smart was the leader despite being like the 4th best player at best

People don’t like it but Draymond is the leader

Some teams have 2 leaders (Suns)

Some teams have no leaders (Bulls, Nets)

Some teams have the coach as the leader (spurs, MAYBE Knicks)

Yeah man

Just tried again. Picked a random spot and McCants just saying some smart dumb nigga shit

It's not for me

It's not necessarily true. We've definitely seen players that aren't the most talented on the roster be the teams leader before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back