Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall keep blaming the league for this but its really just how casual fans are built.

Casual fans care more about their local teams than teams on a national level. That said, if your local market is the NY tri state area, thats 30 mil people vs if your local market is Minneapolis, you get 500k people and even if you take the whole state of Minny, thats like 5 mil people.

On top of that, you add the fact that a fan in Iowa cares more about a team in LA, NY, Miami, or Chicago more than fans from those big cities care about a game in Iowa, and you end up in this situation.

Add to that, someone making 50Ms a year rather live in a big city with more to do than a city like Minneapolis.

The NBA would love for the small markets to keep their players, and the last 3 CBA deals tried to make it harder and harder for players to leave but it doesnt work.

Can blame NBA all you want but its a reality of market size and how casual fans consume the league.

NBA cant do shit bout that.
The league is 100% at fault bevy they built the league that way and don’t want to change.

In light of Brandon Ingram’s 26th bday let’s do a small assessment of him

Remember he was pitted against Jaylen Brown as far as who’s had the most potential?

So since Brandon Ingram has been drafted:

-1x All star
-MIP Award Winner
-19/5/4 career averages
-1 playoff appearance (First Round)
-Hasn’t played more than 63 games in any season outside of his rookie year
-Currently dealing with pressure from Austin Reaves

Now for Jaylen Brown:

-2x All Star
-18/5/2 Career averages
-All NBA 2nd Team
-No Left Hand after 7 years
-1 Finals Appearance
-4x conf finals appearances
-Signed the biggest contract in history

Which guy do you guys got now?

When you started I thought Jaylen's assessment would be way better.

Seem like Boston would probably have the same result if they'd swapped players during that time frame.

:js4:

Ingram plays very uninspired defense
Doesn't help the Pelicans don't have players that are good on the help
Willie Green also is a defensive sieve of a coach which aint helping

Ingram plays very uninspired defense
Doesn't help the Pelicans don't have players that are good on the help
Willie Green also is a defensive sieve of a coach which aint helping

Unfortunately for the Pelicans zion has been a bad bet so far. I don't like what I'm seeing mentally from those 2. From the outside looking in everything I've seen tells me these guys are just not serious about this shit.

Can they turn it around sure. Ingram has shown in spurts he can be one of them ones but most of the time that brother just looks disinterested. Zion I don't know man. Even if he gets his personal off the court shit straight and is focused on ball the injury and weight issue concerns are always gonna be there.

They have the right set of auxiliary players Ingram and Zion taking major steps and getting their shit together is key.

Unfortunately for the Pelicans zion has been a bad bet so far. I don't like what I'm seeing mentally from those 2. From the outside looking in everything I've seen tells me these guys are just not serious about this shit.

Can they turn it around sure. Ingram has shown in spurts he can be one of them ones but most of the time that brother just looks disinterested. Zion I don't know man. Even if he gets his personal off the court shit straight and is focused on ball the injury and weight issue concerns are always gonna be there.

They have the right set of auxiliary players Ingram and Zion taking major steps and getting their shit together is key.
Yeah if Zion could get right, we'd get better insight on the team and what kind of development/trades could happen to get the team in the best direction within the next three years

New orleans not a good city for much. Too much debauchery and light skin creole women are the devil

The Nets are “depression” but have more playoff appearances than the “good year” teams outside of Philly and the Mavs who they’re tied with. Make it make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back