Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question

What was going on with the hawks in 2020-2021?

They were the 5th seed with a 41-31 record lol

That season was weird since it was a quick turnaround from the bubble and then there were no fans

Outside of them being the 5th seed that fluke year:

14th seed (year before)
9th seed
8th seed
10th seed (this year)

Rockets gave it a nice try

They are a grizzlies disasterclass this season away from being the 13th seed

They made progress so that’s something to feel great about but objectively they are a bad team that’s gonna have to work really hard to become even a top 10 team in the west

when the lakers, suns, warriors are gone in 2 years, they’ll have their shot

Quick question

What was going on with the hawks in 2020-2021?

They were the 5th seed with a 41-31 record lol

That season was weird since it was a quick turnaround from the bubble and then there were no fans

Outside of them being the 5th seed that fluke year:

14th seed (year before)
9th seed
8th seed
10th seed (this year)
Most players weren't into it so younger teams were able to make some noise

Do you feel like Trae/hawks are still living off of that 1 season when they severely overachieved and made the conf finals?

Also imagine being the bucks and you just have to beat the hawks to make the finals lol
Yes

I think a lot of teams fall victim to this though

Who else would you say
Lakers this year. The in season tourney win kinda made them feel like they didn't have to make any moves at the deadline to upgrade the roster. Hit by the injury bug for sure but the hope that once everyone gets healthy, they'll get it back working

Pelicans play in run with the eventual loss to Phoenix in 6. No Zion and they thought if they can just be healthy. While they have landed on most of their picks since the AD trade, they keep hoping on health to get them past the first round. They haven't cashed in on any assets to move/acquire anyone.

You mentioned Atlanta

Hmmm... Maybe Chicago as well?

Lakers this year. The in season tourney win kinda made them feel like they didn't have to make any moves at the deadline to upgrade the roster

Pelicans play in run with the eventual loss to Phoenix in 6. No Zion and they thought if they can just be healthy. While they have landed on most of their picks since the AD trade, they keep hoping on health to get them past the first round.

You mentioned Atlanta

Hmmm... Maybe Chicago as well?
Don’t agree with the lakers really since the IST stuff was all media but agree with the pelicans

lol Chicago would have to achieve first to overachieve

The play in tricks teams a bit but if you Adam silver I guess that’s what you want

Don’t agree with the lakers really since the IST stuff was all media but agree with the pelicans

lol Chicago would have to achieve first to overachieve

The play in tricks teams a bit but if you Adam silver I guess that’s what you want
My thought wasn't a dig at the Lakers but I do think management looked at that win in the tourney and thought they had just enough to compete without addressing some player fit issues in addition to the unlucky health issue

Maybe with Chicago I'm thinking that they aren't bad enough to tank but definitely not good enough to win so management just keeps trying the same thing hoping for a different result

Do you feel like Trae/hawks are still living off of that 1 season when they severely overachieved and made the conf finals?

Also imagine being the bucks and you just have to beat the hawks to make the finals lol
Yes. They literally live off "beating " a team starting Elfrid Payton and Reggie Bullock as focal points🙄Fuck the Hawks the team you've seen since then is who they are.

My thought wasn't a dig at the Lakers but I do think management looked at that win in the tourney and thought they had just enough to compete without addressing some player fit issues in addition to the unlucky health issue

Maybe with Chicago I'm thinking that they aren't bad enough to tank but definitely not good enough to win so management just keeps trying the same thing hoping for a different result
Well I’m expanding my scope a bit to a larger scale

My example was the hawks have been a team that was

5th
9th
8th
10th

With 3 coaches since 2020

Yet they still field a team with Clint capela, Trae young, and Deandre hunter on it

Maybe it’s because boosie and Quavo come to games to watch Trae and they want the ticket sales but there’s nothing by the hawks that says this team should stay this way

Like it’s the same but different

Also as far as the lakers I don’t think they saw the IST win and said everything is good because the IST was structured in a way where you not even playing the best teams really. Just who’s winning regular season games at the moment

As far as the bulls they just can’t do anything to improve so they seem content on trying to get the 8th seed and losing in the first

in a kick the can down the road kinda way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back