Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may ask, why do the Clippers even want Harden?

How many players does Tyronn really need to win? They already have one of the deepest rosters in the league.

They might have had the deepest team in the 2 or 3 years ago but the truth of the matter is the way the roster is constructed the league has kind of passed then by

They were built to be this switch everything team that's was designed to beat Golden State

Now in 2023?

Batum is on his farewell tour
Covington out of the rotation
Marcus Morris is cooked and out of the rotation
Pat Bev gone
Zubac losing minutes to Mason Plumlee
Terance Mann is cool and contributes but he's not swinging a playoff series
Russ is Russ
Norm Powell a nice piece off the bench
Bones, KJ Martin, Amir Coffey, and BJ Boston aren't doing much for you this season

So I don't see where all this depth is coming from and say what you want about Harden but he gives you a much higher ceiling especially when you have two injury prone stars and your margin for error is much wider

The future was mortgaged when they traded Shai....like my brother @Johnny Tapia said they might as well double down and go all in at this point

Last edited:
They might have had the deepest team in the 2 or 3 years ago but the truth of the matter is the way the roster is constructed the league has kind of passed then by

They were built to be this switch everything team that's was designed to beat Golden State

Now in 2023?

Batum is on his farewell tour
Covington out of the rotation
Marcus Morris is cooked and out of the rotation
Pat Bev gone
Zubac losing minutes to Mason Plumlee
Terance Mann is cool and contributes but he's not swinging a playoff series
Russ is Russ
Norm Powell a nice piece off the bench
Bones, KJ Martin, Amir Coffey, and BJ Boston aren't doing much for you this season

So I don't see where all this depth is coming from and say what you want about Harden but he gives you a much higher ceiling especially when you have two injury prone stars and your margin for error is much wider

The future was mortgaged when they traded Shai....like my brother @Johnny Tapia said they might as well double down and go all in at this point
Martin and bones are 22 and 23 lol they're going to be getting minutes and play pretty decent roles for them. And it's not like zubac has been a negative plumlee is just the better fit with that starting lineup.

Their depth is real and has been for a few years now. The clippers have just massively underperformed.

According to sources who witnessed the events, Griffin wrapped up the shootaround and called the team together for a huddle to close out the day and let the players get to post-shootaround shooting drills. During that huddle, Griffin informed the coaches that he wanted to have a separate huddle with them once they wrapped things up.

When the players and coaches broke the huddle, Stotts went in the opposite direction of the coaches’ huddle and instead started walking toward players to discuss the offense. As Stotts attempted to start a conversation with Lillard and Giannis Antetokounmpo, Griffin called to Stotts to join the coaching huddle. When Stotts asked for some time with the players, Griffin yelled for Stotts to join the coaches’ huddle. The incident occurred in front of the entire team, those sources said.

Yea, this is good for Griffin. With Lillard joining the team, this was a coup waiting to happen.......

According to sources who witnessed the events, Griffin wrapped up the shootaround and called the team together for a huddle to close out the day and let the players get to post-shootaround shooting drills. During that huddle, Griffin informed the coaches that he wanted to have a separate huddle with them once they wrapped things up.

When the players and coaches broke the huddle, Stotts went in the opposite direction of the coaches’ huddle and instead started walking toward players to discuss the offense. As Stotts attempted to start a conversation with Lillard and Giannis Antetokounmpo, Griffin called to Stotts to join the coaching huddle. When Stotts asked for some time with the players, Griffin yelled for Stotts to join the coaches’ huddle. The incident occurred in front of the entire team, those sources said.

Yea, this is good for Griffin. With Lillard joining the team, this was a coup waiting to happen.......
griffin being a rookie head coach and stotts potentially feeling like he don’t respect him fully since he’s been doing this for a long time at the level griffin just reached is why I even brought it up

Which is understandable

But not a good look for stotts as far as future jobs

He’s white and a former player so he’ll get one more shot

Nah the clips really have depth , question is how will they manage to stay healthy or not choke, facing the nba champs is a good way to get ready for portland

griffin being a rookie head coach and stotts potentially feeling like he don’t respect him fully since he’s been doing this for a long time at the level griffin just reached is why I even brought it up

Which is understandable

But not a good look for stotts as far as future jobs

He’s white and a former player so he’ll get one more shot

I agree about it not being a good look for Stotts if the perceived undermining of Griffin is true.

On NBA radio this morning with Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine, Frank was trying to paint a picture of Griffin being a bit intimidated of Stotts. Scalabrine was saying it had to be more to this story which I agree with a bit.

This looks bad for Stotts because he openly blew off the head coach’s wishes in front of everyone. I’m pretty sure Griffin rightfully roasted him too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back