Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

For some reason it seems African players dont ever really pan out in the NBA like that. Like they can never really find their footing in the league. Am I tripping?

The only real notable player that comes to mind(outside Embid) was Luol Deng

Niggas be coming thru with wild potential and then nothing…

Last edited:
For some reason it seems African players dont ever really pan out in the NBA like that. Like they can never really find their footing in the league. Am I tripping?

Well Africa is still developing a stable pipeline with basketball without borders, the Nike hoop summit, and the BAL so there should be some even stronger results in the near future

As far as African born players

Pascal siakam is right there
Gorgui Dieng played awhile
Bismack biyombo as well
James Nnaji just got drafted
Johnathan kuminga
Chimezie metu
Josh Okogie
Precious Achiuwa
Bol Bol

Etc

I’m going off the top of my head but lol acting like there hasn’t been any Africans between Luol deng and Embiid is crazy

Niggas will jump you over that lol

Well Africa is still developing a stable pipeline with basketball without borders, the Nike hoop summit, and the BAL so there should be some even stronger results in the near future

As far as African born players

Pascal siakam is right there
Gorgui Dieng played awhile
Bismack biyombo as well
James Nnaji just got drafted
Johnathan kuminga
Chimezie metu
Josh Okogie
Precious Achiuwa
Bol Bol

Etc

I’m going off the top of my head but lol acting like there hasn’t been any Africans between Luol deng and Embiid is crazy

Niggas will jump you over that lol
Yea i dead forgot about Pascal 😂 but i knew the Luol Deng mention was gonna set shit off

This the same kid that was humping his teammate so hard they traded that nigga not even 3 months ago. He hasn't changed lol. Niggas doing alot for 11th in the west at best.

Yeah that's hate.
Lmao damn I forgot about that shit too. Anthony Davis survived tho.

Nigga its hard enough being born in Africa and coming to another continent much less having to make the NBA. You should consider that.

But olajuwon, Mutombo, bol, ibaka, aminu, siakam, biyombo, og anunoby, precious achuiwa, dalembert are some players of note that didn't/haven't wash out the league there's a bunch I'm missing.

There's mad countries that have never produced an NBA player. Why we talking about Africans anyway?

Nigga its hard enough being born in Africa and coming to another continent much less having to make the NBA. You should consider that.

But olajuwon, Mutombo, bol, ibaka, aminu, siakam, biyombo, og anunoby, precious achuiwa, dalembert are some players of note that didn't/haven't wash out the league there's a bunch I'm missing.

There's mad countries that have never produced an NBA player. Why we talking about Africans anyway?
Just so you know big homie

OG never lived in Africa in his life

Wenyen Gabriel sparking this convo is hilarious though

Like that’s who it took for someone to say something lol

Queta averaged 10 & 5 in 13mpg this preseason he should be ahead of bum ass Luke Kornet in the depth chart. I hope Queta gets converted into a standard contract he’s the 3rd big we need, Gabriel played poor this preseason he didn’t even outplay Lamar Stevens

Dalembert is from Haiti.

Your point is still very valid though.

They might have had the deepest team in the 2 or 3 years ago but the truth of the matter is the way the roster is constructed the league has kind of passed then by

They were built to be this switch everything team that's was designed to beat Golden State

Now in 2023?

Batum is on his farewell tour
Covington out of the rotation
Marcus Morris is cooked and out of the rotation
Pat Bev gone
Zubac losing minutes to Mason Plumlee
Terance Mann is cool and contributes but he's not swinging a playoff series
Russ is Russ
Norm Powell a nice piece off the bench
Bones, KJ Martin, Amir Coffey, and BJ Boston aren't doing much for you this season

So I don't see where all this depth is coming from and say what you want about Harden but he gives you a much higher ceiling especially when you have two injury prone stars and your margin for error is much wider

The future was mortgaged when they traded Shai....like my brother @Johnny Tapia said they might as well double down and go all in at this point
Injury worries is the only legit reason to be even considering this.

And I disagree with your evaluation of the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back