Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I didn’t mind that

Jimmy was I believe 3-4 from 3 last night and he’s been trying to hit more threes at the beginning of this season (shooting 41% on low volume)

Shouldn’t have blown such a good lead really

We would be on an 11 game win streak if not for 2 collapses against the bulls and Knicks while missing players

I’m not upset
Lol, I thought u were going to reply to that post with this. I would NEVER do that, @Sosa1600 is my boy……

I know it’s cool around here to laugh at jaemooms (he brings it on himself most times), but I think he was on to something when he said the Cavs can afford to lose Mitchell. I really think Garland is ready to run that team full time. Just needs to stay healthy.
They can but that’s not my biggest issue with the Cavs

It would be realizing that front court can’t stay the same if you want to start being successful in the postseason

But that’s for another day let’s keep it to garland’s greatness and like you said, he’s going to need to stay healthy but you can pencil him in for about 10-12 games missed a season

Either @Sony Montana is right that Pop is washed or the Spurs are stealth tanking….

I'm speaking from a small sample size cause I don't care about none of these lil niggas that ain’t raptors but from what I have seen the spurs are doing 3 things great... getting wemby his reps, protecting him in defensive schemes playing alot of zone, and not missing steps trying to win useless games out the gate.

Yes wemby is as good as advertised and you want to hit the ground running but you don't want to miss steps. None of those guys that's been on the spurs all of a sudden know how to win cause wemby showed up. There's a process. Spurs look like they're in great shape to me.

I'm thinking CJ off the bench is the move. He can still be a scoring option when paired with either Zion or BI when they stagger their minutes. He can still handle ball handing duties and his minutes can stack so that he finishes the game with BI/Zion situation dependant.

This starting 5 has been playing really well. Don't wanna mess that up.

Add in Trey and the roster can finish games in so many ways... Whoever starts really shouldn't be that big of a deal imo

I'm speaking from a small sample size cause I don't care about none of these lil niggas that ain’t raptors but from what I have seen the spurs are doing 3 things great... getting wemby his reps, protecting him in defensive schemes playing alot of zone, and not missing steps trying to win useless games out the gate.

Yes wemby is as good as advertised and you want to hit the ground running but you don't want to miss steps. None of those guys that's been on the spurs all of a sudden know how to win cause wemby showed up. There's a process. Spurs look like they're in great shape to me.
All this makes sense on paper, but most folks gripe is not playing Wemby often with a true Point. Tre Jones is the closest thing they have to a true PG and no surprise Wemby is at his best (Offensively and Defensively) when they play together.

Lineups
MIN
OffRtg.
DefRtg
NetRtg
J. Sochan - V. Wemby
T. Jones - V. Wemby

Last edited:
All this makes sense on paper, but most folks gripe is not playing Wemby often with a true Point. Tre Jones is the closest thing they have to a true PG and no surprise Wemby is at his best (Offensively and Defensively) when they play together.

Lineups TEAM GP MIN OffRtg DefRtg NetRtg
J. Sochan - V. Wemby SAS 16 307 97.4 116.7 -19.2
T. Jones - V. Wemby SAS 13 180 111.3 103.8 7.6

Lol why do they have to figure everything out all at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back