Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think the hype machine will allow wemby to lose lol
You can’t deny what Chet and OKC are doing, plus they play a brand of basketball (outside of Shai foul baiting) that casual fans will enjoy. They cause turnovers and get out on the break.

Victor is playing well, but it’s way harder for him to keep this shit up. Lmao.

You can’t deny what Chet and OKC are doing, plus they play a brand of basketball (outside of Shai foul baiting) that casual fans will enjoy. They cause turnovers and get out on the break.

Victor is playing well, but it’s way harder for him to keep this shit up. Lmao.
lol word I feel that

I predicted Chet to win and I hope he wins as well

I just think even if it’s close I can see the NBA disregarding record and giving it to wemby because of $$$$$$ lol

Appreciate the response

That's pretty much how I felt about the situation as well

I kind of thought the Spurs were trying to do two things at once that contradicted each other

You want Wemby to explore the studio space and see what he can and can't do, what/who fits around him ect.....but I also thought yall were trying to win games this season, not go all in or anything but legitimately try to win games with what you already have. I understand trying the Point Sochan experiment but it's obvious Wemby needs to be playing with a true point guard and Tre Jones should be starting imo, there's nobody else on the team that can really set him ip.. almost 32% usage on nothing but jump shots isnt great...Chet and Wemby aren't identical players but they are similar in a lot of ways and it makes such a huge difference for their offense and defense when Chet plays the 5.....Wemby needs to be doing that

Idk how to say it exactly but I think yall have more talent than yalls record indicates and yall should be a little better...definitely shouldn't be last in net rating and 29th in defense with Wemby but that's just me

I know it's still very early though
Trust me……..

The talent isn’t as good as some think. Lmao. I don’t think the cupboard is bare, but we need a player who can create easy buckets for themselves and others consistently. Not too mention defensively we have a lot of zero sum players and a few middle grounders.

It isn’t good that your rookie big man is honestly the best player on both sides of the ball. Lmao. He is really good defensively and as solid as he is and handling the basketball he still needs folks to help him get better shots. I do think some of his offensive short comings can be schemed to improve. Perfect example was the first half last night. More ball movement, and he got good looks in the flow of the offense and on fast breaks. The second have when Memphis turned up the defensive intensity, the ball movement stopped and we don’t have guys who are great at breaking down defenses, so he has to do too much and shot more jumpers.

lol word I feel that

I predicted Chet to win and I hope he wins as well

I just think even if it’s close I can see the NBA disregarding record and giving it to wemby because of $$$$$$ lol

Chet is putting up similar numbers with better efficiency. If Victor starts averaging a few more points and rebounds per game over Chet then he will win it, regardless of the record. If things stay the same stat wise then Chet is gonna win because his numbers are similar to Victor and he is helping his team win.

I know Victor is beating him in points, rebounds, blocks and steals per game, but it isn’t by much.

Either way I wouldn’t be mad if Victor doesn’t get it over Chet and neither should any other Spurs fans. Chet has been great and Victor has been really good also.

LOL, i am the president of the Chet fan club, but if it is close, give it to the "real" rookie. "Record" means nothing in Rookie of the year.
I liked Chet coming out also. Before the NCAA season I liked Paolo more, but watching Chet throughout the season made me think he would be really good. I like that he is physical. For him to be as thin as he is , he doesn’t mind mixing it up with other players.

Victor has that a little bit, but Chet really has that. I think Victor barring injuries is gonna be great and his wingspan and athleticism is so damn unique for a guy that tall. Plus, you can tell, like Chet, that he loves basketball.

Hopefully we get some more top shelf talent to put around the guy next season and improve

Chet is putting up similar numbers with better efficiency. If Victor starts averaging a few more points and rebounds per game over Chet then he will win it, regardless of the record. If things stay the same stat wise then Chet is gonna win because his numbers are similar to Victor and he is helping his team win.

I know Victor is beating him in points, rebounds, blocks and steals per game, but it isn’t by much.

Either way I wouldn’t be mad if Victor doesn’t get it over Chet and neither should any other Spurs fans. Chet has been great and Victor has been really good also.
Word I feel that

Rooting for both

The new player smell gonna come off of wemby eventually and then l’ll probably start hatin
open invite to join me whenever you ready.

Full disclosure, I can root for a player to good objectively, but still hate on him.

Some players fun to hate. Doesnt mean I wish they do bad. Just means im gonna be loud and laugh at all their mistakes.

Wemby already in that place for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back