Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we lost to a bad team last night. You ended our 7 game winning streak. Congratulations

And had we won, you would have said something along the lines of “we’re bad so it’s no big deal we lost to you”.

Sounds about right
Y'all would have done what you're supposed to do had they won. You and Beta was getting to big for your britches and had to come down a lil bit

They aren’t really drawing up many plays to get him anything on the offensive end and they are letting him do whatever he wants on that side of the ball. Pop said before the season began that he was trying to see what he is good and comfortable at doing and they would adjust accordingly. It definitely looks like Pop wasn’t lying about that too. Lol.

I understand the logic behind Pop’s thinking because he has never had a player like this before and it’s easier to assess what a player is actually good at in game time situations. Not too mention the player can see 1st hand also.

Defensively I love the logic behind letting him guard the worse offensive player and roam. He definitely has to be smarter on closing out on some 3 point shooters, but other than that he has been pretty good on that side of the ball in my opinion.

I’m not a fan of letting Sochan be the de facto point guard starter, but once again I understand the logic behind what Pop is thinking. He is literally playing the best 5 players together to see how the mesh, not to mention it’s sadly probably the most versatile as far as offensively and defensively.

What I think they should do with Victor on the offensive side, especially when Jeremy is playing the 1, is draw up more flare screens and down picks for Victor to get him looks around the free throw line or inside the arc at the elbow areas. His mid range jumper is better than his 3 point shot and it could get him more mismatch’s. It could also put him in a situation to face up against bigs, (if they are good at maneuvering around screens) closer to the hoop and on the go, so he could take advantage of his dribble drive game in shorter distances. Basically I think having him come off screens like a taller Richard Hamilton would fit perfectly into what he likes to do and get possible mismatches or open mid range jumpers.

He should also spend more time with Jones who is better at breaking down defenses and finding him and getting him the ball correctly when he has deep post positions. Jeremy isn’t a good lob or over the top passer . Shit, the best passer to big guys in the starting line up is Zach Collins. He does a better job of not throwing the ball at Victor’s feet out of that group and he tries to get Victor the ball when he has deep post position or mismatches more frequently than the other guys.

I hope Pop will start drawing up more offensive plays around game 20 for Victor and try to get him to chill with shooting so many 3 point shots. I can understand him shooting some if he has his jumper going after hitting a few mid range shots or he has a wide open decent ranged 3 though.

I understand it’s a work in progress and I’ve really liked a decent amount of what I’ve seen of him. I think a lot of the guys just truly don’t know how to get the guy the ball in good spots and that gets him to start trying to do to much on the offensive side of the ball. I watched every game last season and watched about 15 to 18 in person, so I knew we needed a lot of talent to be better. We are getting every teams best shot because of Victor, unlike last season. It’s a reason why in the draft I always hoped we would trade back in to get certain players. Lmao.

Sorry for the long reply.

Appreciate the response

That's pretty much how I felt about the situation as well

I kind of thought the Spurs were trying to do two things at once that contradicted each other

You want Wemby to explore the studio space and see what he can and can't do, what/who fits around him ect.....but I also thought yall were trying to win games this season, not go all in or anything but legitimately try to win games with what you already have. I understand trying the Point Sochan experiment but it's obvious Wemby needs to be playing with a true point guard and Tre Jones should be starting imo, there's nobody else on the team that can really set him ip.. almost 32% usage on nothing but jump shots isnt great...Chet and Wemby aren't identical players but they are similar in a lot of ways and it makes such a huge difference for their offense and defense when Chet plays the 5.....Wemby needs to be doing that

Idk how to say it exactly but I think yall have more talent than yalls record indicates and yall should be a little better...definitely shouldn't be last in net rating and 29th in defense with Wemby but that's just me

I know it's still very early though

Which up and coming team could use whatever gas Klay has left in the tank. A team that he might slightly move the needle for

Is there a contending team that could use him

Which up and coming team could use whatever gas Klay has left in the tank. A team that he might slightly move the needle for

Is there a contending team that could use him

I mean hes on a contending team right now that could use him lol

Klay going to be 34 next season and is currently having the least efficient year of his career and worst true shooting % of his career by a pretty big margin...can't defend anywhere near the level that he used to

It's over

I mean hes on a contending team right now that could use him lol

Klay going to be 34 next season and is currently having the least efficient year of his career and worst true shooting % of his career by a pretty big margin...can't defend anywhere near the level that he used to

It's over
I don't think gsw is a contender from top to bottom

Steph is holding this team together with Scotch tape.

I get why you responded the way you did though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back