Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All valid. But I just have to ask what the difference between Herro and Cam Thomas is at this point.

Super disrespectful question, sure.

But the Heat have consistently played better when Herro gets hurt. This could all just be bad luck. The Heat might have made it just as far last year with him. Yall mighta won 7 in a row with him.

All that said, we can only go off the data that we have, and thats the best basketball the Heat have played in the laat 3 years is with Herro out.

So I have to ask, does Herro impact winning? The numbers are real. We know he can score. We know he can be efficient. But does he have a positive or negative impact on winning?

The answer to that either proves or disproves almost all your points.
Hmm it’s very possible he doesn’t impact winning but understandably my fandom prevents me from saying that lol

Personally in my heart of hearts, I think he does impact winning but (and I forgot to say this in my post before) the way this team plays with him off the court is more conducive to winning than how it plays with him on the court and I think that’s the real issue at hand

I can see how someone can say that’s Herro’s fault but I can see how they can say it’s not.

He’s a great young player but for the way this team is set up and has been set up it’s probably best if he isn’t here in favor of actual scoring/playmaking two way players

But when this iteration of this team is done, he can really shine with an as you build a younger team. It’s just a matter of if he’s moved before then. It’s just the issue currently is he’s our best asset

Hence the conundrum

Hmm it’s very possible he doesn’t impact winning but understandably my fandom prevents me from saying that lol

Personally in my heart of hearts, I think he does impact winning but (and I forgot to say this in my post before) the way this team plays with him off the court is more conducive to winning than how it plays with him on the court and I think that’s the real issue at hand

I can see how someone can say that’s Herro’s fault but I can see how they can say it’s not.

He’s a great young player but for the way this team is set up and has been set up it’s probably best if he isn’t here in favor of actual scoring/playmaking two way players

But when this iteration of this team is done, he can really shine with an as you build a younger team. It’s just a matter of if he’s moved before then. It’s just the issue currently is he’s our best asset

Hence the conundrum
Fair points.

A player as young as Herro, who can shoot as good as him, and also get his own shot is valuable in todays league.

But the question is do you get more value with him as the 3rd option taking 8-10 shots a game, or with him as the 1st option taking 18-20 shots a game like yall do when hes healthy.

Lets see what happens when he gets back.

Him being injury prone is also a thing to consider now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back