Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gripe is with you watching and listening to anything Frank Isola says.

The NBA media as it currently stands is all about narratives. They dont care bout the basketball at all.

We need to stop giving these mfers clicks, views, and listens.

You can find real good insight and breakdowns from independent content creators on youtube. Lets run up their views so the NBA/ESPN can see that type of content be successful and start to push it.
I listen to NBA radio damn near all day and their show is the 1st to come on. I take very little of what those two when together seriously. I’ve noticed when Scalabrine has another host he usually isn’t as annoying or openly biased. They are far from my favorite show, but I’m not looking for confirmation on my views, so I welcome differing opinions.

You and everyone who is actually pretty active in this and the draft threads know that I definitely frequent various different NBA and basketball outlets to get information. I even try to share some of the information or bring up topics to start discussions.

I do like your line of thinking with supporting people who put out the type of content you enjoy the most and that is why I gave you a “goat”.

After listening more to the show, funny enough most of the callers disagreed with Isola on his comments and stated they would like more in-depth explanations on the game and teams game plans.

Breaking down XO’s will bore casuals. They wanna hear about how Steph might be better than Jordan.
It doesn’t bore the NFL fans……

The NBA and basketball isn’t as complex as the NFL and football, but people seem to understand and what to know the thinking of coaches and players for that sport.

I honestly think a lot of fans don’t realize how much the media can sway their opinions on things. Not totally, but it definitely can.

Casual fan questions for you sports savy brothas

What does Zion Williamson do well?

I understand that he’s freakishly athletic, I get that. Is he a really good rebounder? Does he have a really good mid range game? I have never seen highlights of him dropping threes, so ima assume he isn’t really good at that.

Does he have a really good defensive presence? Does he move really well without the ball?

Essentially…is he like a really athletic Zach Randolph? Am I judging that right ?

It doesn’t bore the NFL fans……

The NBA and basketball isn’t as complex as the NFL and football, but people seem to understand and what to know the thinking of coaches and players for that sport.

I honestly think a lot of fans don’t realize how much the media can sway their opinions on things. Not totally, but it definitely can.
It’s more complex than basketball but they simplify it for casual fans. Sports talk is about narratives and storylines

Casual fan questions for you sports savy brothas

What does Zion Williamson do well?

I understand that he’s freakishly athletic, I get that. Is he a really good rebounder? Does he have a really good mid range game? I have never seen highlights of him dropping threes, so ima assume he isn’t really good at that.

Does he have a really good defensive presence? Does he move really well without the ball?

Essentially…is he like a really athletic Zach Randolph? Am I judging that right ?
I really want @Sony Montana to answer this question, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back