Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming rant. LMAO.

I was listing to Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine on NBA radio this morning comment on what Adam Silver said on JJ Redick’s podcast about wanting the way the media covers the league to have more examples of actual plays instead of just generalized information. Silver even gave examples of when Kenny Smith will go to the board and show why a play worked.

Brian Scalabrine was kind of playing the fence like he always does when Frank is hosting and Frank pretty much took offense to what Adam Silver was saying and pretty much stating that the TNT show is popular because of Charles and Shaq joking.

My gripe with his take is how he overlooked how even Shaq with some of his rudimentary takes gives examples of how some big players can make a positive impact if they do certain things and Charles also gives takes outside of BS cliche answers like this guy is tall and he should get more rebounds because he is tall. 🤣 Even some of the callers stated that it definitely should be a bit more talking about why and how certain plays work.

I don’t watch football anymore but I remember on NFL shows and even 1st take how former players and coaches would break down plays and show why it worked. You barely get that with NBA coverage. I think Adam Silver has a valid point and it’s crazy to me that a person who covers the league is pretty much shitting on the man’s point. Maybe he takes it as an insult to his profession or something.

But what do you folks think about Adam Silvers comments?

My gripe is with you watching and listening to anything Frank Isola says.

The NBA media as it currently stands is all about narratives. They dont care bout the basketball at all.

We need to stop giving these mfers clicks, views, and listens.

You can find real good insight and breakdowns from independent content creators on youtube. Lets run up their views so the NBA/ESPN can see that type of content be successful and start to push it.

That might be true. But the Chris Webber era Kings and the Shaq and Kobe Lakers play style were different. As was J Kidd Nets and the Pistons. Now they’ve allowed cacalytics to infiltrate the NBA and dictate the way teams play.

You mentioned the NFL but there’s a distinct difference between the way the Ravens play vs the way the Bengals play. Or Philly or Dallas.
Every team tried to emulate the Ravens defense from their dominant years

They tried to do the same with the legion of boom.

The West Coast offense is still around and teams are still running packages and sets from it along with the same concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back