Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t @AP2.5 want to answer
Cause it's a very loaded question that seemingly came out of nowhere

I wouldn't be able to answer it without some more context

Germs previous history with situations like this also doesn't motivate me enough to reply as he will care the second he asks only not to care when given a response 🤷🏾‍♂️

Cause it's a very loaded question that seemingly came out of nowhere

I wouldn't be able to answer it without some more context

Germs previous history with situations like this also doesn't motivate me enough to reply as he will care the second he asks only not to care when given a response 🤷🏾‍♂️
I legitimately want to be educated, and I didn’t assume it was a loaded question.

Ignore everything else and answer, what does Zion do well.

The reason I asked is because I saw a recent press conference in which he seemed frustrated with the team

As a casual, last time I heard, he was saying he loved N.O and don’t listen to the noise

People were saying that he’s doesn’t like the direction of the team, thats neither here nor there, whatever

But if dude is traded, I’m assuming he’d go to a team that would want him for what he does.

Being that the nba is stacked with athletic guys, who would want another athletic guy just to be athletic

That’s why I ask, outside of being athletic, what does he do well..so that it would make sense to me when he’s traded to who’s he traded to

Casual fan questions for you sports savy brothas

What does Zion Williamson do well?

I understand that he’s freakishly athletic, I get that. Is he a really good rebounder? Does he have a really good mid range game? I have never seen highlights of him dropping threes, so ima assume he isn’t really good at that.

Does he have a really good defensive presence? Does he move really well without the ball?

Essentially…is he like a really athletic Zach Randolph? Am I judging that right ?

I really do legitimately want to be educated

The original hype was that he's incredibly efficient and damn near unstoppable in the paint, explosiveness, second jump, ball handling, strength, athleticism, speed for that size....all off the charts

But the shine has wore off for a variety of reasons, injuries, off court decisions, and he hasnt excatlly been great to start this year either t9

Zach Randolph and Zion are completely different basketball players too btw

I think South pretty much covered it.

To me, the source of his early season struggles are conditioning. He simply does not look like he is in playing shape at the present moment.

Whatever he is great at offensively won't matter if he's a practice cone on defense. I saw a tweet today that he leads the team in being the last one the crosses the half court line when the pelicans are going on defense.

That's not black and white either as a lot of times it's cause he's driven the ball to the rack and falls to the ground after being fouled (that's not called) or he simply turns the ball over.

Zion can handle the ball pretty well for someone that heavy and he’s very efficient at the rim

Take out the athleticism and that’s all that really stands out

Like toheeb I haven’t seen much of Zion this year and because he’s always injured I haven’t had time to build up a proper evaluation of his game

And like south said, due to a myriad of reasons, Zion not even hot in the streets anymore

As I watched a doughy whiteboy drop 30 and 9 through 3 quarters last night I found myself thinking back to what I said about high draft picks as time goes on. (Like paolo for example you would be hard pressed to find out he still exists based on the lack of coverage) We’re at a point where SGA, ant Edwards, and even tyrese Maxey are threatening to take shine from Zion. Once Morant gets back he will be a story as well

It’s amazing how Zion has made it so people essentially don’t care that he’s playing. Playing for an injured, mediocre team in New Orleans could be a factor as well but I think it’s going to take a full year of health before people can trust Zion to care. So next year will be the year if he can stay healthy

I really hadn't dug into Zions numbers until now...

Career high 30.6 usage and career low 18.9 PER and .544 true shooting

For context last season's when the Pelicans were balling and had the number 1 seed....Usage was about the same at 30.4 but the PER was 25.2 and the True Shooting was 65% which is insane

I really do legitimately want to be educated
Zach Randolph and Zion don’t play similar at all.

Zach was a player who had great lost post foot work and a big wing span for his height. He knew how to use his size to get off shots over taller players. He also developed a pretty solid mid range jumper while being in the NBA.

Zion is an athletic freak with a unique blend of jumping ability mixed with quick twitch reflexes and strength. He finishes great at the basket and also has a decent handle for a power forward. Zion is unique because he is the height of a 2 guard with the same type of athleticism of someone who would be considered great for a 2 guard, but the power of a power forward/center. Zion isn’t the mid range jump shooter that Zach was, but he could definitely add that to his game if he puts in the work. Zion at Duke was also a pretty good defender, especially with weak side assistance.

Their play styles are totally different though.

Last edited:
Gonna miss most of the Knicks game due to practice hopefully we come out strong I’m glad Barrett isn’t playing but Quickley is a Celtics killer

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back