Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the Celtics know Rob Williams is completely cooked they definitely gave up way too much and got fleeced for Jrue Holiday of a players

Danny Ainge somewhere in Utah shaking his head in disgust
Even a cooked Rob Williams can give you a good 20 minutes a game next to a player like KP.

I like KP, i think if healthy he'll have a good season, but mfers like Embiid and Giannis are running right through KP. Ironically Williams was always good against Giannis.

I dont think this move had much to with Rob though. Looks to me like Boston saw the Bucks got better and then they were scared that Philly, the Heat, and Knicks were all in the running to get Jrue and they panicked and overpayed.

Not a horrible move considering they kept Jrue away from the other teams where I think he would have had a bigger impact on, but also not this great move where everyone needs to fear the Celtics.

Now that I had some time to think about it, the Celtics gave up too much for Jrue imo.

Jrue makes them a better team sure, but its not like Brogdon was trash. We all agree Jrue is better than Brogdon, but how much better? Add to that they lost one of the better rim protectors in the league and its even imo.

The Celtics on paper are better after the trade then they were before, but I think the move is being hyped up in the media. Good move but not good enough to make them favorites imo
Brogdon has real injury concerns apparently and he doesn’t fuck with the Celtics after they tried to deal him before so I can understand you don’t want that around you

but yes Jrue was not worth all of that but I don’t mind it since it’s also to keep him away from their competition

But Rob Williams deserved better

Milwaukee and Boston don't have quality regular season depth at all....like their one injury away from a bad stretch

I'm really tempted to put Cleveland to have the best regular season record

Brogdon has real injury concerns apparently and he doesn’t fuck with the Celtics after they tried to deal him before so I can understand you don’t want that around you

but yes Jrue was not worth all of that but I don’t mind it since it’s also to keep him away from their competition

But Rob Williams deserved better
I considered that about injuries but didnt mention it cause Jrue been injury prone too. And now he a year older.

Im actually glad Boston overpaid for Jrue so the Knicks didnt have too.

Imo the 2 1st rounders they wanted from the Knicks was too much. I rather the Knicks keep their flexibility for the next disgruntled star that actually fits the team

I considered that about injuries but didnt mention it cause Jrue been injury prone too. And now he a year older.

Im actually glad Boston overpaid for Jrue so the Knicks didnt have too.

Imo the 2 1st rounders they wanted from the Knicks was too much. I rather the Knicks keep their flexibility for the next disgruntled star that actually fits the team
I think the difference is Jrue is injury prone vs Brogdon who has injuries that’s going to derail his longevity/career

Agree about the Knicks

Y’all didn’t NEED Jrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back