Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

I want to see Cade/Chet. I think for Ivey to be at his best in the NBA, the ball needs to be in his hands. Might not be ideal sharing with Cade.

I can see that too....I liked the potential change of pace in the backcourt and having two elite creators who can put pressure on the defense but I do agree that Ivey needs to be on bal early...I think eventually he can be ok off ball too though

I can see that too....I liked the potential change of pace in the backcourt and having two elite creators who can put pressure on the defense but I do agree that Ivey needs to be on bal early...I think eventually he can be ok off ball too though
I know i am the resident Jalen Green hater, but i liked what i saw from him late in the season. I have adjusted my outlook on him. Do u think he should be on ball more? He has shown some passing skills and his ability to get to the rim so easily opens so many opportunities for the Rockets (SMH).

Chet is the one player i dont want the Rockets to get. Everyone else i think i can live with.

I know i am the resident Jalen Green hater, but i liked what i saw from him late in the season. I have adjusted my outlook on him. Do u think he should be on ball more? He has shown some passing skills and his ability to get to the rim so easily opens so many opportunities for the Rockets (SMH).

Chet is the one player i dont want the Rockets to get. Everyone else i think i can live with.

I do think he should be on ball more, maybe not as the primary initiator but I like his first step and think he has underrated footwork which is going to get better and I was impressed with his passing....I really want to see more of him getting the ball off movement, dho's ect...anything to get him going downhill while he already has head of steam and the defender is on their heels

I do think he should be on ball more, maybe not as the primary initiator but I like his first step and think he has underrated footwork which is going to get better and I was impressed with his passing....I really want to see more of him getting the ball off movement, dho's ect...anything to get him going downhill while he already has head of steam and the defender is on their heels
Are u over the KPJ experiment?

Are u over the KPJ experiment?

nope.jpg

@cj012890
@Hustlelitó

Alright boys the draft lottery is tomorrow and we're guaranteed a top 5 pick....don't think I've ever been more conflicted over a group of prospects in my life. I know opinions are subject to change(pretty much every hour for me) but who are yall leaning towards at this moment?

I’d be lying if I said I’ve done extensive research on the top picks but from what I have seen I’d say same order as hustle. Not sure abt Ivey tho I don’t see the fit and I still believe in KPJ so there’s that.

@#1hiphopjunki3

Why didn’t you like getting the 9th pick?

But I just checked and you got the 20th and 25th pick as well

that’s not too shabby

i knew the chances of moving up in the draft was super low but I was hoping we could jump up into the top 4.

having a shot at one of the top 3 big guys in this draft could really help the roster because we need a player who can fit in at the 4. Out of the top 4 guys, three of them can play the 4. Murray from the university of Iowa also looks to be a solid prospect for the position and will most likely be gone before 9.

it will be interesting to see what they do with all those picks. I seriously doubt they draft 4 players that will be trying to get minutes in the upcoming season. They will most likely trade some to move up, package them with a player to get an established NBA player, or draft and stash

i knew the chances of moving up in the draft was super low but I was hoping we could jump up into the top 4.

having a shot at one of the top 3 big guys in this draft could really help the roster because we need a player who can fit in at the 4. Out of the top 4 guys, three of them can play the 4. Murray from the university of Iowa also looks to be a solid prospect for the position and will most likely be gone before 9.

it will be interesting to see what they do with all those picks. I seriously doubt they draft 4 players that will be trying to get minutes in the upcoming season. They will most likely trade some to move up, package them with a player to get an established NBA player, or draft and stash
Would you have interest in Jalen Duren?

Also looking around where Miami is drafting I’m going to take a look at these guys based on mocks

I didn’t do advanced scouting yet but at a glance I’m probably most interested in Bryce Mcgowens and Patrick Baldwin Jr but there’s a chance that he might not be there

but either way ima go over all these guys

9D9E3FF4-01A7-473E-A2FE-4BCCE6293C9D.jpeg

Would you have interest in Jalen Duren?

not at 9, unless he shows he can do more than what he did offensively while in school. I understand some folks thinking about trading Jakob because he has a year left on his deal and could get a high pick, but unless they move Jakob for something we need, I don’t think Duren would be a good pick

I also fear that other guys I think would fit decently with our team might go higher than 9 if they show during the combine and private workouts they have improved. guys like Sochan and Eason both could help our team but they could move up if they both show their jump shooting has gotten better.

the last thing the Spurs need is smaller guards or guards who can’t defend up a position well. If we were to get a guard with a high pick, I would hope it would be someone who can really create their own shot well and not be a total liability on defense.

Gonna mess around and draft Johnny Davis or Benedict mathurin

honestly if I’m the spurs I would try to package #9 and a player to move up to like 6th or is that not that feasible?

Last edited:
Back