Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

is it because he has to use his body/physicality to score as he can’t create offense for himself and it’s not going to work as well at the next level?!

The only reason to take him that high is because of how young he is and you believe in the upside

Limited wingspan and not great height, questions about long term viability on defense, high usage and averaged less than assist per game, suspect shooting, right handed player but always goes left and damn near looks lost when he goes right which is weird

He is truly explosive and an elite athlete but I don't think he has good instincts or feel for the game

Detroit would be a terrible landing spot for him imo

@southsil4lil ima ask you cause you the homie. Who would you pick at #4 or what would you do with the pick? Admittedly I don’t have the time to study prospects like that

Fam I'm so conflicted on all of this because it's so much uncertainty and unknown about we're doing lol

If we can't trade the pick to move and draft Scoot I'm inclined to just say fuck it and draft Amen Thompson

I'll never regret taking the best prospect available even if doesn't necessarily workout because you still made the logical choice at the time

If you can get past the poor shooting.....which admittedly is hard to do.....it's really no debate that the upside is there and if he could shoot he would easily be the second best prospect in this draft

What way are you leaning?

Love it. Best case scenario is walking away with Scoot or Miller for 6/11/assets. I dont see us moving both picks to get up to 4 or 5 tho probably something like a lightly protected future first and a decent young player as a sweetener(Bol/Okeke). How would you feel about a 4 for 6 Swap if Miller slid to Houston? Would you hold onto the pick or take Ausar/Black + assets in a trade down?

Love it. Best case scenario is walking away with Scoot or Miller for 6/11/assets. I dont see us moving both picks to get up to 4 or 5 tho probably something like a lightly protected future first and a decent young player as a sweetener(Bol/Okeke). How would you feel about a 4 for 6 Swap if Miller slid to Houston? Would you hold onto the pick or take Ausar/Black + assets in a trade down?

Hmmmm that's interesting....typically I always say just take bpa and don't overthink it, I always prefer to have as many bites at the apple as possible when it comes to landing high end talent......so I would probably just take Miller

Now if it was 4/20 for 6/11 I think I would be much more tempted to do that instead.....I would love to walk away with Ausar and either Cason Wallace, Hendricks or Black

Fam I'm so conflicted on all of this because it's so much uncertainty and unknown about we're doing lol

If we can't trade the pick to move and draft Scoot I'm inclined to just say fuck it and draft Amen Thompson

I'll never regret taking the best prospect available even if doesn't necessarily workout because you still made the logical choice at the time

If you can get past the poor shooting.....which admittedly is hard to do.....it's really no debate that the upside is there and if he could shoot he would easily be the second best prospect in this draft

What way are you leaning?
I don’t even know. I’ve been reading about strengths and weaknesses of east of the top prospects. It’s hard to say because FA is gonna shape the team unless they can get scoot. Then they can focus on other areas.

Like not that he isn’t worth it but trying to move up for him and being disappointed if you can’t and having to draft amen is a bit much (not you guys but that is the sentiment I’m getting)

The rockets are in a position to try to compete so I don’t think so much weight has to be on this pick

I understand it though because the rockets really want a PG for the future

That small ass backcourt ain’t that exciting to me for the future between scoot and green

I think rockets fans are too into scoot

I don't necessarily disagree....myself included

Like you said the biggest reason is probably because he addresses a position of need and of course the ceiling to go with it

If anything Rockets fans are probably too into our own guys.....I love our young players but at the same time none of them have done enough to show me they are irreplaceable or untradebale

I would be ok drafting Amen or Brandon Milller at 4 and then seeing what we have from there

I don't necessarily disagree....myself included

Like you said the biggest reason is probably because he addresses a position of need and of course the ceiling to go with it

If anything Rockets fans are probably too into our own guys.....I love our young players but at the same time none of them have done enough to show me they are irreplaceable or untradebale

I would be ok drafting Amen or Brandon Milller at 4 and then seeing what we have from there
Keep it funky with you, I think y’all need to ship out like 3-4 guys

KPJ
Tate
Martin
And getting rid of the 19th? Pick

Amen/Miller
Sengun
Jabari
Green
Eason

Are the only young core players you need and the rest need to be decent vets

Time to consolidate

And because of that it matters way less between Miller/amen and the idea of missing out on scoot

Back