Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NFL Season Thread

It ain't even about all that.

NFL has established days of the week that games can potentially air. Sunday and Monday, and now Thursday and Saturday.

If they go chasing Christmas around the calendar they risk over saturation and bad press for trampling over the NBA. At some point you're diluting your product as destination programming if it's available throughout the week.

The days which the NFL plays should have no real impact on the NBA. The NBA has to do a better job of being visible. With every game being on cable or league pass, they basically turned the game into pay per view.

ABC could do a better job showing more prime time games for the NBA. Fuck Thursday's NFL game. Fuck what the ratings say. ABC/ESPN already have no games that night. So let them other networks show Texans vs Bears while ABC shows the marquee NBA matchup for the week.

Damn the ratings. That Thursday night game would draw more interest than some bullshit reality show that prolly airs in that time slot.

Also the NBA might have to start giving out some type of bonus or incentive to teams that play their regular lineups during televised games.

but the NFL could have made that move long ago if they so desired and haven't.

Nah, Christmas doesn't always fall on the weekends. It's on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well.

And as weak as the NFLPA is they ain't having that. Especially since it's at the end of the year and all of the byes are done. And they're already playing on Saturdays too.

Also I think there is an actual law about how many times a week the NFL can play.

The days which the NFL plays should have no real impact on the NBA. The NBA has to do a better job of being visible. With every game being on cable or league pass, they basically turned the game into pay per view.

ABC could do a better job showing more prime time games for the NBA. Fuck Thursday's NFL game. Fuck what the ratings say. ABC/ESPN already have no games that night. So let them other networks show Texans vs Bears while ABC shows the marquee NBA matchup for the week.

Damn the ratings. That Thursday night game would draw more interest than some bullshit reality show that prolly airs in that time slot.

Also the NBA might have to start giving out some type of bonus or incentive to teams that play their regular lineups during televised games.

Thing is NBA season is also TV season. And the vast majority of games wouldn't come close to the number of viewers their regular shows would get.

Shit look at CBS when they had Thursday night football before Amazon. They had no problem pushing back Big Bang Theory and that joint got crazy numbers. But they knew them NFL numbers would be better.

The NBA hasn't been like that since the 90s and Jordan.

Thing is NBA season is also TV season. And the vast majority of games wouldn't come close to the number of viewers their regular shows would get.

Shit look at CBS when they had Thursday night football before Amazon. They had no problem pushing back Big Bang Theory and that joint got crazy numbers. But they knew them NFL numbers would be better.

The NBA hasn't been like that since the 90s and Jordan.
I get what you're saying. All I'm saying is, tonight on ABC they have two celebrity game shows and a weekly sitcom. Those shows could easily be moved to another night and ABC could let the NBA have a dedicated night.

The NBA should be looking for a rival for Luka ala Bird vs Magic and ride the wave. Zion vs Luka could be a thing.

The ratings will eventually come.

I get what you're saying. All I'm saying is, tonight on ABC they have two celebrity game shows and a weekly sitcom. Those shows could easily be moved to another night and ABC could let the NBA have a dedicated night.

The NBA should be looking for a rival for Luka ala Bird vs Magic and ride the wave. Zion vs Luka could be a thing.

I have some great news for you!! Beginning next week Thursday, the nba returns to TNT for the usual Thursday night doubleheader!!! Since the nba is so terrified of the nfl, they’ve have no Thursday games since the first week of the season. But with TNF ending tonight, the NBA returns to Thursday nights on TNT!!

Or ABC could do like NBC did back in the day, a double or triple header on Saturday. They could either start at noon or they could put a college game on. Then the rest of the day and into the night NBA games. That what made the NBA on NBC the GOAT back in the day.

Back