Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Antwan didn’t come out at age 22 and was the #1 option from when he came in up until he went to the Cavs I don’t see much of a difference between his career and Carmelo’s…

carmelo came in younger and was the man until OKC hence the high scoring numbers. (not holding this against him) just saying if Jamison had that runway how big of a gap would their be between them at the end of their career?

the legacy of john2009 lives on

you’re slightly missing the point

I’m not even comparing them as players but moreso comparing their careers

Jamison scored alot and barely won

melo scored a lot and barely won except that one conf finals you saw when you was a junior in high school

I’m just saying if Jamison had the career track Melo had as the man, I wouldn’t see a huge difference between the two at the end of their careers
I feel like Melo shoulda got out of the 1st round more but Jamison had a chance to be “the man” in golden state and they weren’t even close to the playoffs, melo was consistently in the playoffs in Denver, that’s one of the differences IMO

Melo is a product of poor career management chasing $$$ more than some overrated dude. Took the extra year on the rookie deal chasing 💰. Wasn’t a free agent with Bron, Wade, Bosh, Amare. That’s one career altering move

the second one is he should’ve sat ate his lunch the last season in Denver then went to the Knicks as a FA. But he pulled a “it’s my money and I need it now!”. Gutted the team of assets. They got a decent collection of vets around him and amare but it wasn’t enough.

3rd one is he could’ve seen the writing on the wall and left NY for an optimal team/supporting cast prior to the fall off. Doubled down for the money and New York Pride. Team was mid, did nothing.

None of that has to do with his individual ability, his decision making was bottom of the barrel though. All time level bad

Melo is a product of poor career management chasing $$$ more than some overrated dude. Took the extra year on the rookie deal chasing 💰. Wasn’t a free agent with Bron, Wade, Bosh, Amare. That’s one career altering move

the second one is he should’ve sat ate his lunch the last season in Denver then went to the Knicks as a FA. But he pulled a “it’s my money and I need it now!”. Gutted the team of assets. They got a decent collection of vets around him and amare but it wasn’t enough.

3rd one is he could’ve seen the writing on the wall and left NY for an optimal team/supporting cast prior to the fall off. Doubled down for the money and New York Pride. Team was mid, did nothing.

None of that has to do with his individual ability, his decision making was bottom of the barrel though. All time level bad
Should have went to the Bulls, team was ready made for him to contend

How will people view carmelo when he hangs it up? Not a winner but scored a lot of points

They look at Jamison like that too

if Jamison was the man like Melo was he would be right near him in points thus making the gap not all that wide

that’s all I’m saying

@Ironman @AZTG u gonna act like Melo didn’t get past round 1 and randle only won 1 game, y’all gonna take this slander?

You asking me if im gonna take the bait? Cause the answer is no

Plus I honestly dont care. To me, Melo one of my favorite players ever, a clear HOFer, and deserving of being in the top 75.

Beta entitled to his opinion though.

Plus I honestly dont care. To me, Melo one of my favorite players ever, a clear HOFer, and deserving of being in the top 75.

why do you guys love Melo but hate Randle?

Is it because carmelo scored a lot of points against the bobcats that one time?

Ok I feel u, I’ve filled up my melo defending quota today tho lls

@Ironman @AZTG u gonna act like Melo didn’t get past round 1 and randle only won 1 game, y’all gonna take this slander?
I'm done arguing for the summer lol and I have no ill will towards Melo. League recognized him as a top 75 player and mofuckas know Prime Melo was a baller. He's presently not wearing a Knicks jersey so I'm done besides this statement explaining it🤣

Ima rewatch cuz I went to sleep (not intentionally) but they gotta stop calling themselves the Mecca when they don’t put out that much talent like in the 80’s

I see what u are saying now. The bravo like on 10...its like calm down now...

Niggas n there saying we invent this
We invent that....

Good lord!

I see what u are saying now. The bravo like on 10...its like calm down now...

Niggas n there saying we invent this
We invent that....

Good lord!
Chicago, LA, Maryland, Seattle, New Jersey, Texas, Georgia, and Indiana have ALL put out better talent then them the past 20 years that’s why it got quiet in that doc once you got to the early 2000’s lmao. There’s no standout high school or college team in the city, mawfuckas holding onto past history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back