Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I'm bored and was inspired by a previous conversation we had, I'm really looking at the rosters and doing some way too early projections for the playoffs in the West

Warriors playing with house money
Rockets, Spurs, Jazz and Thunder not playing for wins

Everyone else is under extreme pressure and/or approaching disaster potential (for reference Dallas and Utah were my only disaster potential teams last season)

Mavs - can't really afford to take a step back, anything less than a competitive conference finals trip is probably a fail....and I think their roster is significantly worse than last year's fluke run

Pels - they avoided disaster potential by getting Zion locked up but I think it's still pressure to build on last year's success and possibly win a round

Nuggets - Should be conference finals(maybe even finals) or bust....MPJ probably the biggest X-Factor in basketball. Jokic just reupped but the clock is always ticking...

Timberwolves- Just mortgaged the future for 30 year old Rudy Gobert, definitely need to get to the conference finals(they wont) in order to justify that...Towns could be the next star who wants out too

Clippers - Roster is great on paper but it's finals or bust....Kawhi and PG under contract this season and next then they both have player options. If they get doomed by injuries again or bounced early from the playoffs it could get ugly and the Clippers traded all of their picks

Blazers - Not necessarily under pressure or disaster potential, they're going to do the thing where they say they're committed to Dame and chase the 7th seed with this mediocre roster but they can/will blow it up once Dame sees he's back on the treadmill so it not too hard to pivot in another direction

Lakers - You already know

Phoenix- Got embarrassed in the playoffs, Chris Paul 37, Ayton got paid but I'm sure it's some hard feelings....should still be a very good regular season team but don't surprised if they have a massive fall off and end up 6 or something....A lot of unaddressed issues, the Sarver situation....Book could be up on the disgruntled star list too

Kangz - Haven't made the playoff in 16 years, enough said(like their roster though, think they will be a play in team)

You're wrong about the Mavs. The only significant player they lost was Brunson, and they gained Christian Wood, Jaden Hardy and McGee, and they get a healthy Hardaway back. Hardy will probably make all rookie team, and maybe be a RoY candidate.

Last edited:
Let me guess…because he can create his own shot and can average 20ppg?
lol he needs improvement with passing and defense but y’all act like he’s a finished product or not an above average player. People still holding onto what Love and JR said 3 years ago but I saw him support his team on the sidelines when he was hurt last year, I think he’s a quality player

lol he needs improvement with passing and defense but y’all act like he’s a finished product or not an above average player. People still holding onto what Love and JR said 3 years ago but I saw him support his team on the sidelines when he was hurt last year, I think he’s a quality player
I seen the Cavs be a better more close knit team with better chemistry without him thus making him expendable

Having another 6’1 guy who can’t pass or play D well is unnecessary just because he can score especially when the scoring isn’t sorely needed

nobody said he was a shitty player or that he needed to be out the lead

you overrating him as a player just because he can score lol

He’s a 6th man on a great number of other teams.

Things would be better for him if he was a better team player but he’s not lol. Lol @ you seen him support his teammates on the bench like that’s not the bare minimum when it goes beyond that

I seen the Cavs be a better more close knit team with better chemistry without him thus making him expendable

Having another 6’1 guy who can’t pass or play D well is unnecessary just because he can score especially when the scoring isn’t sorely needed

nobody said he was a shitty player or that he needed to be out the lead

you overrating him as a player just because he can score lol

He’s a 6th man on a great number of other teams.

Things would be better for him if he was a better team player but he’s not lol. Lol @ you seen him support his teammates on the bench like that’s not the bare minimum when it goes beyond that
Lol I’m not overrating him but when he signs I think he’ll have a chip on his shoulder. You’re right about 6th man on a contender but 6th man money is different then starter money

Lol I’m not overrating him but when he signs I think he’ll have a chip on his shoulder. You’re right about 6th man on a contender but 6th man money is different then starter money
lol Ax I love you but stop saying anything. You overrate him like you do Caris Levert then turn your nose up at players like Jamal Murray

sexton already plays with a chip on his shoulder for one. Also don’t say I said 6th man on a contender lol I said on a great number of teams

He wouldn’t start for the kings, Knicks, bulls, or even hornets

If he was deemed as valuable as you make him out to be he woulda got offers

tyrese maxey is arguably a better player

You're wrong about the Mavs. The only significant player they lost was Brunson, and they gained Christian Wood, Jaden Hardy and McGee, and they get a healthy Hardaway back. Hardy will probably make all rookie team, and maybe be a RoY candidate.

Take a good look this roster minus Luka and tell me what you really like about it.....C.Wood the second best player on this team and hasn't played winning basketball at any point in his life...who here can dribble the ball besides Dinwiddie? Who can attack the basket?

Could be a good regular season team but they're food in the playoffs

McGee
C Wood
Hardaway Jr
Finney Smith
Dinwiddie
Hardy
Powell
Kleber
Bertans
Bullock

I fuck with Jaden Hardy heavy but if you're planning on them relying on the 37th pick in the second round than that kind of proves my point

I think you're really underestimating how important Brunson was for this team

Last edited:
Bruh... I brought up shrempf and kukoc off rip. But they weren't "athletic" so x them out.

I brought up cliff Robinson, webber and Terry mills. But because the term "stretch 4" wasn't coined yet they didn't exist.

Barkley and Larry Johnson were "athletic" 4s who stretched the floor but they weren't 7 footers so x them out as well.

Sabonis and Divac are 7 footers who stretched the floor but they were centers so x them out.

You don't see how ridiculous you sound and that's cool. I'm not the one in here looking like a bozo.
😬,Kukoc and Schrempf spent most of their time as SF's Kemp was the PF for the Sonics was the 3,for the Bulls Rodman,Grant,Brian Williams mainly played the 4 Kukoc was the 3 🤷‍♂️.

😬,Kukoc and Schrempf spent most of their time as SF's Kemp was the PF for the Sonics was the 3,for the Bulls Rodman,Grant,Brian Williams mainly played the 4 Kukoc was the 3 🤷‍♂️.

They both spent time in their careers playing both forward spots.

What's the fundamental difference between a 3 and a 4 tho?

Since we're playing semantics what position was kg playing when he was starting next to Tom gugliotta and Dean Garrett?

I'll wait.

Take a good look this roster minus Luka and tell me what you really like about it.....C.Wood the second best player on this team and hasn't played winning basketball at any point in his life...who here can dribble the ball besides Dinwiddie? Who can attack the basket?

Could be a good regular season team but they're food in the playoffs

McGee
C Wood
Hardaway Jr
Finney Smith
Dinwiddie
Hardy
Powell
Kleber
Bertans
Bullock

I fuck with Jaden Hardy heavy but if you're planning on them relying on the 37th pick in the second round than that kind of proves my point

I think you're really underestimating how important Brunson was for this team

And I think you're underestimating Hardy. I had him at 13 in my big board. No way he should have been a second round pick.

Brunson won't be missed that much if the team is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back