Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
smart move by the Suns to let the market dictate his value. they didn’t have to give him that 5th year which is also a small win.

I’m not gonna lie though. I’m a little (not totally) surprised Sarver and the front office matched the offer.

Aint Sarver going through an investigation right now that could lead him to lose the team?

Lmaooo Sarver needs the team to keep competing for a ring to keep the heat off himself

ESPN's Brian Windhorst (h/t RealGM) said the following about the state of Durant trade talks and where they currently stand:

"As for Kevin Durant, here's what there is: nothing. There is no movement here. The executives are leaving Summer League. The executives are going on vacation. At this point, the Nets' preferred situation is for Kevin Durant to stay with them. There is no trade they've got that they like.

"A huge question and what the league is in some ways waiting for is what does Durant feel? He's the one who asked for the trade. Have his feelings changed with some of the avenues for trades dimming?"

I don't think KD closed the door on returning. Or maybe with him being the type of person he is, he doesn't like to rock the boat so there's no agressive push for the Nets to do a deal. Either way, it wasn't the best timing to request a trade while free agency is going on.

smart move by the Suns to let the market dictate his value. they didn’t have to give him that 5th year which is also a small win.

I’m not gonna lie though. I’m a little (not totally) surprised Sarver and the front office matched the offer.

They didn't really have a choice, they got exposed in the playoffs but they're still a really good team and they can't afford to let a talent like that walk for nothing especially when you have an aging Chris Paul on the roster......going into the season with Bismack Biyombo as the starting center wasn't a realistic option

I actually think Phoenix played it the right way too it just didn't work out

I wanna see what Kyrie does as a mfer who is on the last year of his deal.

A player that good never plays out his deal.

If im Kyrie, im barely playing. Like fuck risking injuries.

Nets got KD under contract might as well hold the line unless they get an offer they cant refuse. KD gonna ball regardless even if he's disgruntled. His malcontent ass might even play better mad.

Aint Sarver going through an investigation right now that could lead him to lose the team?

Lmaooo Sarver needs the team to keep competing for a ring to keep the heat off himself

What does that have go do with letting the market dictate how much to pay Ayton though?

Nets got KD under contract might as well hold the line unless they get an offer they cant refuse. KD gonna ball regardless even if he's disgruntled. His malcontent ass might even play better mad.

His value is only decreasing by the day tho. He's 34.

If Rudy Gobert got traded for those players and 2 picks instead of 4. KD would be a sun/heat/Raptor by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Los Angeles Lakers star Russell Westbrook and his longtime agent, Thad Foucher of Wasserman, have parted ways, Foucher told ESPN on Friday night.
In a statement to ESPN, Foucher, one of the league's prominent player representatives, cited "irreconcilable differences" and suggested that there was no longer full alignment with Westbrook about whether the former MVP should want to remain with the Lakers for the final season of his $47 million contract.
Foucher said that he believes Westbrook's "best option is to stay with the Lakers, embrace the starting role and support that Darvin Ham publicly offered."
As Westbrook, 33, enters the final season of a five-year maximum deal, his standing with the Lakers is uncertain. Westbrook has been the subject of significant trade discussion after an uneven debut season with the Lakers a year ago. Foucher has been his agent since Westbrook left UCLA as a sophomore in 2008 and became the No. 4 overall pick in the draft to the Seattle Supersonics, who later became the Oklahoma City Thunder.
In a statement, Foucher said: "I represented Russell Westbrook for 14 years and am proud of our partnership which included a highly successful 2008 draft, a super-max contract and the only renegotiation-and-extend max contract in history. I also supported Russell throughout his rise into a prominent fashion industry figure and recently orchestrated three successive trades on Russell's behalf -- culminating with the trade to his hometown Los Angeles Lakers.
"Each time, teams gave up valuable players and assets to acquire Russell - and each time, a new organization embraced his arrival. We did it together with grace and class.
"Now, with a possibility of a fourth trade in four years, the marketplace is telling the Lakers they must add additional value with Russell in any trade scenario. And even then, such a trade may require Russell to immediately move on from the new team via buyout.
"My belief is that this type of transaction only serves to diminish Russell's value and his best option is to stay with the Lakers, embrace the starting role and support that Darvin Ham publicly offered. Russell is a first-ballot Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame player and will prove that again before he is retired.
"Unfortunately, irreconcilable differences exist as to his best pathway forward and we are no longer working together. I wish Russell and his family the very best."

His value is only decreasing by the day tho. He's 34.

If Rudy Gobert got traded for those players and 2 picks instead of 4. KD would be a sun/heat/Raptor by now.
You're right. But when I look at it from the Nets perspective, they gotta know they are one wrong move from being stuck with a Ben and Kyrie led squad that will b be coached by Steve Nash straight to treadmill status.

KD really doesn't have the leverage in this situation and if they don't have a surefire path to get better (& its looking like they don't), I think you just bite the bullet and ride with KD- drama and all.

You're right. But when I look at it from the Nets perspective, they gotta know they are one wrong move from being stuck with a Ben and Kyrie led squad that will b be coached by Steve Nash straight to treadmill status.

KD really doesn't have the leverage in this situation and if they don't have a surefire path to get better (& its looking like they don't), I think you just bite the bullet and ride with KD- drama and all.

To me riding it out is worst. If they don't move him by the deadline their leverage as an organization is gonna plummet.

I would try and do a combination of KD/Irving/Ben/seth for AD/Westbrook if I were the nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back