Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me riding it out is worst. If they don't move him by the deadline their leverage as an organization is gonna plummet.

I would try and do a combination of KD/Irving/Ben/seth for AD/Westbrook if I were the nets.
Yeah I think the deadline might work. Either the team is playing nice by then or you're far enough removed from Gobert-gate that a deal might be more tenable. In that event Nets should be hitting up the Rockets and Thunder's of the world though and trying to tank, cause if you can't contend with KD, chances are you won't be positioned to do so without him.

Yeah I think the deadline might work. Either the team is playing nice by then or you're far enough removed from Gobert-gate that a deal might be more tenable. In that event Nets should be hitting up the Rockets and Thunder's of the world though and trying to tank, cause if you can't contend with KD, chances are you won't be positioned to do so without him.

Yeah there's no quick fix but that's what they will try to do because it's New York and they want to stay above the Knicks.

On top of the NBA’s expected examination of the Knicks’ now-official signing of Jalen Brunson in free agency, I’m told that Philadelphia’s signing of P.J. Tucker is also likely to be placed under the investigation microscope by the league office. Tucker, of course, was signed away from the Miami Heat, who were docked a second-round pick as a penalty for “early free agency discussions” connected to their sign-and-trade acquisition of Kyle Lowry last summer. This Substack reported on June 26 — four days before the start of free agency — that numerous rival teams were already convinced that Tucker was Philly-bound. Tucker’s three-year, $33 million deal to join the Sixers was duly announced by his agent one minute into free agency.

– via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

“Each time, teams gave up valuable players and assets to acquire Russell - and each time, a new organization embraced his arrival. We did it together with grace and class.
"Now, with a possibility of a fourth trade in four years, the marketplace is telling the Lakers they must add additional value with Russell in any trade scenario. And even then, such a trade may require Russell to immediately move on from the new team via buyout.”

Journeyman Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back